General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

The Iceman in a 10.5 car?

Old 01-23-2006, 11:05 PM
Has V.I.P in HELL!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Iceman in a 10.5 car?

(1-23-2006) TUSCALOOSA, AL - Look for Shannon Jenkins and the Mike Castellana owned Awesome Motorsports team to have it's reliable “Ole Blue” in the staging lanes this week in Bradenton at the US Street Nationals when the Outlaw Pro Street class is called to the lanes.

The 2002 NHRA/IHRA World Championship car has become a popular sight at the street events in Outlaw trim and has become familiar sight in the Winners Circle.

“It’s a mean car on race day”, stated Jenkins. That could be an understatement after bagging two of the largest paydays for the class with a win in Orlando and Las Vegas within three weeks last fall. The Speedtech Nitrous prepared Camaro can not wait to get back to the track and compete against some of the most feared racers in Outlaw trim.

“We’re fortunate to have a venue to keep this car on the circuit” stated team owner and newly crowned IHRA Champion Mike Castellana. “It’s the perfect opportunity to showcase the product our Speedtech Nitrous Company is able to produce.”

The Iceman, being the fierce competitor he is and always looking for another door to walk through, has become really fond of the smaller tire version of the world's quickest and fastest Cavalier and Camaro. While deciding to save parts and park the Outlaw car for the final session in Orlando the Iceman was spotted along the fence watching the last qualifying shot of the 10.5 class.

“You have to give those guys credit. To take a motor larger than ours with a 4th system, add 600 plus pounds and produce the type of ET’s you are seeing is a testament to the caliber of racer that has made the class so popular over the last two seasons” stated Jenkins.

“It looks like it would be a handful to drive as well as call for a entirely different tuning parameter than what I have dealt with in the past. We’ve seriously talked about purchasing a 10.5 car from a local Georgia racer that had a dominant car last season, however we would need a second major sponsor to come aboard for the Awesome Motorsports team to step into a class that is so competitive”, continued Jenkins.

“Our nitrous company has seen a huge spike in sales due to the 10.5 and Limited Street markets. We have a customer in Houston named Justin Curry who runs very well with a True 10.5 car and we would like to get more involved personally in the Outlaw 10.5 class so we could not only compete in the class but also support the racers attending the events that run our products. I’m sure there is someone watching this class grow who's wanting to get involved with a top notch group of racers like the Awesome team that can help us field a car."
Old 01-24-2006, 03:17 PM

no shit, good find
Old 01-24-2006, 11:47 PM
Has V.I.P in HELL!

i figured some of the true racers would like to here about it.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:22 PM

you know if Shannon Jenkins or Mike Castellana, and any other racers are goign to be at the us's this weekend. I know the import v6 guys are going to be thier, kicking v-8 ass
Old 01-25-2006, 04:37 PM

check this out !!!!

http://www.outlawracing.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2111