General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

B&M New Volt

Old 01-16-2006, 07:56 PM
Single > Twins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&M New Volt

I have recently acquired a B&M New Volt in order to amplify the spark for my ignition, however i have had very little luck on finding any sort of installation manual online, has anyone ever installed one or is using one on their car, any sort of insight on the proper wiring of this unit would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

TheSh0w50h: I am teh badass assed roll racer evar, I eat mkIV's for lunch.

Originally posted by JuicedSS262
No longer have the stomach for clubbing baby seals.

Those sad eye's got to me.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:24 PM

Just out of curiosity, any reason you went with the New Volt? I see a lot of Dawgs running the HKS DLI, just wondered why you chose B&M.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:52 AM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

because HKS = HK$, the DLI and the twin power amp are both like $eleventybillion.

the b&m is like $2xx and XS Engineering makes one that is the same thing and is like $275 new. same thing but not $400 like the HKS twinpower amp.

and carlos, how many wires are on it. the XS is 3 wire, hooks up inline to the distributor, or on a DIS, inline with ignitor/coil packs i believe.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:32 AM
Single > Twins

Originally Posted by dan
because HKS = HK$, the DLI and the twin power amp are both like $eleventybillion.

the b&m is like $2xx and XS Engineering makes one that is the same thing and is like $275 new. same thing but not $400 like the HKS twinpower amp.

and carlos, how many wires are on it. the XS is 3 wire, hooks up inline to the distributor, or on a DIS, inline with ignitor/coil packs i believe.
You are correct on your assumptions

And yes there are 3 wires, a black, a red , and an orange, is there an instruction manual on installation of the XS engineering one you speak of??? thanks.

Old 01-17-2006, 09:24 AM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

http://www.xs-engineering.com/media/faqdocs/9_print.pdf

scroll down and it has specific instructions for the 93-98 supra TT and a picture to go along with it. wire colors might be the same because the XS also has a red, orange, and black.

i want to get one for my 240, so i can run a little bigger gap in my plugs with the higher boost, but it says KA applications need to use an EMS with dwell timing modulation so i'll have to talk to enthalpy and see if he can change my ROM to do that or not or if i can just be ok without it.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:39 PM
Single > Twins

Originally Posted by dan
http://www.xs-engineering.com/media/faqdocs/9_print.pdf

scroll down and it has specific instructions for the 93-98 supra TT and a picture to go along with it. wire colors might be the same because the XS also has a red, orange, and black.

i want to get one for my 240, so i can run a little bigger gap in my plugs with the higher boost, but it says KA applications need to use an EMS with dwell timing modulation so i'll have to talk to enthalpy and see if he can change my ROM to do that or not or if i can just be ok without it.
Dan, you are the man !

Thanks, this has been incredibly useful