General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Flashing Headlights Ticket!!!

Old 01-09-2006, 10:24 AM
MotorsportMustangs.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Flashing Headlights Ticket!!!

I thought I'd give everyone a heads up.

I got a ticket this afternoon (2:00pm) because I flashed my headlights at on coming traffic to let them know that the cops had a speed trap/sting set up in the direction I was coming from ... Well little did I know but one of the cars I flashed (in the rear of the group) was an unmarked Crown Vick anyways he proceeds to do a U turn in the middle of the road and comes after me with his take down lights on ..so I pulled over and he gets out and immediately starts being a smart ass with me and says shyt like "So where’s the fire and what’s the big emergency that you need to flash your headlights", then he proceeds to tell me that it is illegal in the state of Florida to flash your headlights for any reason (which I have never heard of and sounds like total bullshyt to me) So anyways he doesn’t give me a warning ..He gives me a ticket and says that flashing my headlights is a "moving violation" and my fine amount is $120.50 .....WTF? Right .. Yeah that what I said.. Anyways I think he was just being a prick because I was letting other cars know to slow down ... and since when is that a bad thing??? Well I guess when it screws a cop outta writing a ticket it is. Anyways I’m taking this to court and when I went to the court house to set my court date the lady thought it was a ridiculous ticket as well and she even said that the officer wrote the ticket up under the statue of "improper equipment"??? So she said it will likely be thrown out of court. Anyways.. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and maybe put the warning out to those that didn’t know it was ILLEGAL...

Last edited by TrikPony; 01-09-2006 at 11:40 AM.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:36 AM

It's illegal to have your brights on within like 300 feet of oncoming traffic, and like 150 feet of traffic your behind. Something like that.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Banned

sounds like bull shit if you ask me.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:15 AM
I’m bored entertain me.

You weren’t thinking fast enough. The correct answer is “Sorry officer, I did not realize I flashed my headlights. It must have happened when I was hitting my turn signal.”
Old 01-09-2006, 11:16 AM
B

thats ghey
Old 01-09-2006, 11:19 AM
rocktastic

Originally Posted by Lincoln
You weren’t thinking fast enough. The correct answer is “Sorry officer, I did not realize I flashed my headlights. It must have happened when I was hitting my turn signal.”
Exactly. Or, "I'm sorry officer. My parkinson's was just acting up."
Old 01-09-2006, 11:23 AM
IM BACK!

Originally Posted by Lincoln
+10000

Thats why I thank god - That I can think so quickly on my feet, sometimes I suprise myself with some of the good sounding bullshit that comes outta my mouth
Old 01-09-2006, 11:25 AM

sounds like crap....wait then our legal system is working up to their standards...
TR "Old Skool" DA member #60

Santos618 - Xbox 360 gamertag
GTA4
Forza 4
Madden 12
open to any good online games, i just suck at shooters lol
Old 01-09-2006, 11:25 AM
OOKKAAYYY!!!

That sucks. I do that whenever I see a speed trap. Good luck with that.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Livin' Large

Originally Posted by robofunc
Exactly. Or, "I'm sorry officer. My parkinson's was just acting up."

Or, "No emergency, I was just letting people know that there was a fucking cop up there shooting radar, I didn't know you guys outlawed that too" with a equal dose of sarcasm

Last edited by BigBadBuick; 01-09-2006 at 11:30 AM.