General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

**bypass Valve Question???***

Old 12-03-2005, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **bypass Valve Question???***

When installin a bypass valve on a cold air intake system do I have to cut the pipe and install it..or do I install it on the cold air intake before the air filter??
Old 12-03-2005, 06:26 PM

Well the main purpose of the bypass valve is if the filter is submerged, you wont have to worry about water sucking into your motor, otherwise known as "hydro-locking" it, so you want to avoid putting it near the filter. Put the bypass valve midway on the cold air intake (cut it in half dead center before your MAF sensor (if any).

Apexi SAFC-2 • MSD Digital Ignition 2 • Garret T-3 Super 60 Turbo • Custom Catback (2.5) • Magnecor Kv85 8.5mm Competition Ignition Wires • Modified Accelerator Cable • Custom Ground System • REAL ECU • 440cc Injectors • Turbo XS Manual Boost Controller • ROSS Forged Pistons (8.5:1 Compression)
Old 12-03-2005, 06:35 PM
big turbo=little traction

Originally Posted by dvanderk
Well the main purpose of the bypass valve is if the filter is submerged, you wont have to worry about water sucking into your motor, otherwise known as "hydro-locking" it, so you want to avoid putting it near the filter. Put the bypass valve midway on the cold air intake (cut it in half dead center before your MAF sensor (if any).

yeahper
Old 12-03-2005, 08:57 PM
Everyday A S S H O L E

ok i have a question on this what is the best kind to buy link if you have one. Thanks