General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Harleys get it easy?

Old 11-12-2005, 08:01 AM
Im a spacepanda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harleys get it easy?

My friend got pulled over no more than a week ago for "flashing" someone with his highs to ward of a cop and got a ticket. He has also gotten pulled over for exhaust the day before and got a ticket. Every time i go tot work i always see atleast one motorcycle going down the road and its headlights are flashing for the "bike week" stuff or something. And motorcycles exhaust are loud as piss. And i have yet to see/hear of one getting pulled over honestly i think its BS! Anyone else?
Old 11-12-2005, 08:18 AM
Omnipotence

Most motorcycles come with a standard flashing headlight. It's for other motorists to notice them better, they can't turn it off. Come on man.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:24 AM
could be worse

damn i always thought it was because of a bumpy road

www.generationsofcabinetry.com
Old 11-12-2005, 08:34 AM
Bolt-On 2v GT

all I know is if I'm on a bike and can be killed easily by a motorist unalert motorist, I want them to hear me as much as possible

"Does this look like a piece of crap to you? Like them spinnin' tires do you?"
Old 11-12-2005, 12:35 PM
Thread TERRORIST

HArleys are cooler than imports. Just deal with it. Heh heh.

Really though, I think TR has beat this topic to DEATH in numerous posts. Can we all agree not to bring it up anymore, please?

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 12:57 PM
just mike.

Yeah, this topic is getting played out, ya just have to deal with it. Muscle cars and harleys will always have a better hand with the law. So either pay up or buy a gas hogging thunder machine!
Old 11-12-2005, 01:23 PM
tampa car scene

Quit bitching about the bikes and just shut the fuck up.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:59 PM
is doing your girlfriend

"Loud pipes save lifes" that statement shows that you do not take into account the Doppler effect.

As a bike is approaching, the sound waves are bing compressed, effectivly turning them into higher frequency sounds. A higher frequency sound is not able to penetrate material (such as a cars windows) very effectivly. couple that with most drivers not paying enough attention to hear a top fuel car 10ft away from them, and most approaching bikes are not easilly heard inside a car until after they have passed.

I can hear Harleys on US 19 from my house (about 3 miles) I can hear some of them from about 118th to past Gandy. Sunshine is about 3 miles from my house also and conditions have to be just right to be able to hear the loudest of cars out there.

I dont mind bikes that are louder than stock, but when they are so loud that you cannot talk to some one right next to you because of the bike 3 blocks away, those pipes are not going to save your live, they just make me want to beat you to death with them.

im not prejudice against bikers, my father has been riding for 20+ years, i grew up at flat tracks tracks where you have race bikes with no exhaust and are not half as loud as most of these street bikes. I have pitted for him at road races at Moroso, Daytona, and Homestead.

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it
Old 11-12-2005, 02:09 PM
Just for decoration

Blah blah blah... Harleys are annoying blah blah blah... Seriously we need a exhaust ticket stickey so people stop making these threads.

R.I.P. Brian Nichols 02/07/1989-11/24/2008
Old 11-14-2005, 07:34 AM
bored...

i talked to a cop once about the flashing headlight thing if you do it a cop can get you for obstuction or some shit like that