General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Got pulled over for exhaust tonight...

Old 11-04-2005, 09:56 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got pulled over for exhaust tonight...

Man, stupid police, why do they think they can pull me over, man exhaust isn't illegal I know my rights! I'ma bust a cap in dem fools. It's like in the constitution that I can run open downpipe, yo...

[Hahaha, ok, enough fooling for the thread preview. I was turning left onto Fletcher from BBD after sitting at the light for 5 minutes. As far as I knew there wasn't anybody behind me. I took the corner at about 15 mph, about 3500 in first gear, then when I got onto the straight I gave it maybe 75 percent throttle to 6k, shifted to second, gave it 75 percent throttle then cut it off at the speed limit, 45 mph. I then noticed a car catching up from behind and saw a light bar and thought "Well, this could be trouble."

Sure enough the lights came on and I pulled over. The first thing out of the cop's mouth was "Man, you've got to make sure there are no cops around when you do stuff like that." He took my license and such and went back to the car. I knew he could ticket me for exhaust and registration, because the new sticker was still on my registration and not on my tag, and he could potentially tag me for reckless, exhibition of speed, etc. I was pleasantly surprised when he came back and said "You have a pretty clean record, so I'm going to let you go with a warning. Just be more careful in the future, and get this sticker on your plate. Oh, and get that exhaust fixed (pointing to the middle of the car where my open downpipe dumps ).

See? Not all cops are bad. I'll take his advice and keep a better watch for police before gunning it, and better yet, in the next week or so get my stock exhaust back on and keep the cutout closed at night when they're out in force . This is the first time I've been pulled over for open exhaust in 2 years driving like this- guess I deserved at least a warning before going back to stock.]
Old 11-05-2005, 03:05 AM
is not Rotarded anymore!

Nice! Time to get that E-cutout put in!
Old 11-05-2005, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Fordified
I think your ability to avoid a ticket is directly related to how polite and remorseful you are to the officer as well as how you present yourself (no tongue rings or sideways baseball caps).
+1

i was polite and nice to the PCSO who pulled me for dwls. he let me go(with a ticket of course) and my girl had to drive my car home.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:06 AM
Sexist

Originally Posted by Fordified
I think your ability to avoid a ticket is directly related to how polite and remorseful you are to the officer as well as how you present yourself (no tongue rings or sideways baseball caps).
Rarely. Most cops have their minds made up by the time they turn on the lights.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:12 AM
Banned

I have been polite and honest to cops and it has gone both ways...I believe it has to do with that, how the night has gone for the cop, and you uphold as if he matters and no one else...just my .02
Old 11-05-2005, 07:47 AM
smokes weed...everyday.

i havent gotten an exhaust ticket, and i rev my car next to cops like i wanna race...?

TR "Old Skool EF" Member #121(aka#420)
Old 11-05-2005, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Kirk
Sweet... I've been lucky myself...

A cop caught me taking off on 1st gear from sonics before.. he was behind me and definately saw my lights pointing in all directions from car having no traction on street tires... smoke pouring off the tires....... he pulled up to next to me and said "You could've killed someone"... Im like "Ok sorry won't do it again..." and he left

RiceR

come out this tuesday pansy