General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Got pulled over for exhaust tonight...

Old 11-05-2005, 11:34 PM
Too Much is ALMOST Enough

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scoobaru
Ive been polite everytime and unfortunately I've never gotten a break.
+1

I have only got 1 exhaust ticket and that was in Sept 03. I try to stay out of the Tampa/St Pete area at night.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:06 AM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Originally Posted by wooooosh
Whats the Law when dealing with after market exhaust?
All I could fine was this statute:

316.2935 Air pollution control equipment; tampering prohibited; penalty.--
No person shall operate any gasoline-powered motor vehicle, except a motorcycle, moped, scooter, or an imported nonconforming motor vehicle which has received a one-time exemption from federal emission control requirements under 40 C.F.R. 85, subpart P, on the public roads and streets of this state which emits visible emissions from the exhaust pipe for more than a continuous period of 5 seconds, and no person shall operate on the public roads or streets of this state any motor vehicle that has been tampered with in violation of this section, as determined pursuant to subsection (7).
That's dealing with smoky cars. There are at least two somewhat contradictory statutes that pertain to aftermarket exhausts, one which people quote to support aftermarket exhausts that deals with "sound levels" and the one people use to shoot those people down which specifically outlaws any exhaust other than stock. Do a search on "exhaust ticket" in this forum and you're sure to find both referenced many times.

Starting to gather parts to weld up my cutout when I get home today. Already have a mild 3" y pipe and the electric plate setup, just need some flanges, some stainless flux core wire and a 3"-2.25" reducer. Soon she'll be quiet as stock again and I won't have to worry about getting on the gas a bit in the high-cop nighttime hours.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:39 AM
Sofa King Cool!

I get pulled over all the time when I am in Temple Terrace in the 240....

They tell me I have an altered exhaust and give me a warning every time...
Old 11-07-2005, 09:42 AM
NObama 2011

With the amount of cops starting to give warnings/tickets for exhaust...is there anything out there protecting skittles from getting pulled? They come stock with what could be called an annoying note to those who think exhaust is a bad thing. And why dont I see Harleys pulled over getting free paper? I think this might be profiling and maybe we need to file a class action lawsuit.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech!!!

SUPPORTING OUR TROOPS SINCE BIRTH MEMBER #001

EITHER STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, OR PLEASE, STAND IN FRONT OF US. U.S.M.C. SNIPERS, ONE SHOT ONE KILL

Old 11-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Sofa King Cool!

no shit !! Those bikes are fucking loud !
Old 11-07-2005, 09:55 AM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Originally Posted by mitsudiamante
With the amount of cops starting to give warnings/tickets for exhaust...is there anything out there protecting skittles from getting pulled? They come stock with what could be called an annoying note to those who think exhaust is a bad thing. And why dont I see Harleys pulled over getting free paper? I think this might be profiling and maybe we need to file a class action lawsuit.
My car totally deserved to get an exhaust ticket. The thing is freakin' loud. No profiling here, haha.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Banned

yeh all the bikers should get tickited too ,but the cops probally think they will get their ass beat by a biker than some teenaged kids in little import/domestic car
Old 11-07-2005, 11:10 AM

Hmmm not too smart that area is like sheriff haven. They sit at that office building on the corner behind the huge bush
Old 11-07-2005, 11:37 AM
NObama 2011

Originally Posted by BoosTb4BroaDs
Hmmm not too smart that area is like sheriff haven. They sit at that office building on the corner behind the huge bush
you said huge bush! Is it a huge bushy bush? So is evereyone with an after market exhaust supposed to just up and put a new OEM exhaust on. Last I knew, quiet or not, PI's have aftermarket exhausts...right?

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech!!!

SUPPORTING OUR TROOPS SINCE BIRTH MEMBER #001

EITHER STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, OR PLEASE, STAND IN FRONT OF US. U.S.M.C. SNIPERS, ONE SHOT ONE KILL