General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

in defense of the srt-4...

Old 10-31-2005, 02:53 PM
has VTEC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default in defense of the srt-4...

I see a lot of hating on the srt-4 these days...
It makes no sense to me. I, personally, have always wanted a carmaker to build a cheap car that hauled ass - with luxury not being a priority (to keep cost down). Well, Dodge finally did, and we all flame the shit out of every "skittle" owner here, possibly influencing other potential buyers to stay away, ultimately killing business for this car and discouraging ANY carmaker from ever making cheap speed again. I am pursuing a mechanical engineering degree in hopes of being on a design team for a big company (like Honda, maybe), and these are the types of cars that I will be fighting to push into the market, much like Bob Lutz's struggle with the Solstice (every "sports"-inspired car these days seems too watered down). Senseless naysaying only hinders progress on this path.
Furthermore, when someone races an srt-4 and gets owned, 90% of the time the sore loser quickly points out, "So what? It's still a NEON!" Let's face it...most of us here either drive hondas or some kind of v8-powered rear-driver (i.e. mustangs, f-bodies, etc.). How much higher bling status is a CIVIC? Up through about the EG/EJ generation, they were entry-level cars, JUST LIKE NEONS. And for any humiliated v8's ashamed by the srt...that sucks for YOU that your big bad v8 got EATEN by a NEON!!! Once again, I fail to see the logic in attempting to degrade it by calling it what it is. Ever say that about being beaten by a civic?
Also, it is my understanding/impression that the beauty of swapping a honda (or any car) is that you have a cheap car that would normally be underestimated, but it now hauls ass. All of you know you would rock the fuck out in a B6T-swapped Ford Festiva. Why? It's a friggin box on wheels that looks like absolute homosexuality, yet it now hauls ass and humiliates the hell out of everyone it runs (you can talk shit about their z28 later: "haha, your 'manly' 350 v8 got its ass tore' up by a micro machine!"). In the same sense, who would expect shit out of a neon? I've seen a neon that would annihilate STi's (not an srt), and nobody gave him any shit. He also did all the work himself, whereas the srt comes pre-swapped and boosted, but if your beef is with rich kids who buy cars that are quick stock (b/c they don't know shit about them), I have news: they drive more than just srt-4s. I see automatic G35 coupes daily, driven by douches who just wanna look cool and dont give a damn about learning anything. I also understand that the srt-4 is easily distinguishable from a conventional neon (killing the sleeper status), but mostly to people who give a damn about cars. Including myself in this group of people, I also look at every civic I see and wonder what's under the hood, so it wouldn't surprise me to see it lay rubber and take off...I just don't see the difference in expecting that out of a honda and expecting it out of an srt.
I could rant on and on, but as a final thought, every time someone makes a negative comment about the car itself, especially if it will spank their own car, it just makes them look jealous. And who the hell would be jealous of A NEON?!
food for thought...
Old 10-31-2005, 03:02 PM
do it BIG!!

in defense of srt4?? yur a bit late for that buddy...
they are cheap fast cars..n thats about it..
IF they were AWD or FR i would like them..maybe

STANZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

Old 10-31-2005, 03:13 PM
i am the denominator

nice rant, but i dont think anyone really hates srt-4s, its just playfull comments like calling sombodys car rice just to get under their skin, ya know?

Old 10-31-2005, 03:39 PM
Keep it REAL

SRT-4s are gay and slow. Ask dirtyshroomz, JapDan, or Skittle.

<3

Mazda 2 Forums

R.I.P. Pablo 'Fathead' Garcia - Love you man! See you on the other side!
R.I.P. Kevin 'Slo_Si' Gonzalez - You will be missed!
Old 10-31-2005, 03:40 PM
King of Ricers

srts make gay cars look good long live the skittle

Old 10-31-2005, 03:57 PM
towards antisocial

SRT-4's are aiming right at what sport compact enthusiasts want. If only it were RWD.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:00 PM
Get Down-Or-Stay Down

Originally Posted by NoTLaDStyle
srts make gay cars look good long live the skittle
Show me an good example of a gay car..

Did the thread starter know that they stopped making SRT4's?
I dont drive a Honda,or an SRT4,I dont think I would ever want to own one either..

food for thought

Do you want to be tazed?
Old 10-31-2005, 04:30 PM
towards antisocial

Originally Posted by Rotary7
Show me an good example of a gay car..

Did the thread starter know that they stopped making SRT4's?
I dont drive a Honda,or an SRT4,I dont think I would ever want to own one either..

food for thought

if it don't blow apex seals monthly Rotary ain't owning it.

JFWY man
Old 10-31-2005, 05:17 PM
Got traction?

Wow, I never knew that you can swing from a cars nuts. I thought it was always the owners nuts? This is almost as bad a all the "Skyrine" posts. -Mark
Old 10-31-2005, 05:17 PM

people hate it because it's a domestic. if it was a import it would get