General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

06 RSX Type S or 06 Civic Si: Which one would you choose?

Old 09-20-2005, 01:41 AM
I got fired last week

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skooter
ALRIGHT, RSX WINS....now how about the RSX vs WRX STI
well now you're not really in the same league, so its not really a fair judgment.

but, STi
Old 09-20-2005, 01:43 AM
Fry Rice

ya who would pick an rsx over an sti
Old 09-20-2005, 06:26 AM
Obama made me Republican

Originally Posted by skooter
ALRIGHT, RSX WINS....now how about the RSX vs WRX STI

and why?

Scotty
Old 09-20-2005, 06:42 AM
THE HAMMER

Originally Posted by Fritchard
well now you're not really in the same league, so its not really a fair judgment.

but, STi
The RSX vs Si wasnt in the same league either.

The civic is 19,995 with 197hp
The RSX is 20,495 with 155hp
The RSX-s is 23,495 with 210hp and more weight with NO OPTIONS

An RSX-S with fog lights (civic standard) is 24,000, with a wing add 400 more, and the body kit that so many people have runs around $1,000. Its easy to show the huge price difference between the 2 cars when both are loaded.

Basically your talking about a 20% price gap and it removes the civic from the class of the RSX-s. If you want the "class" to be the same, then the Si would be against the standard RSX with only a 500 dollar price sifference, but 50 less power to the RSX. This is why bang for the buck is the civic's biggest point.

Also, the RSX cannot be ordered with an LSD from the factory, the civic comes with it as an Si standard.

So the RSX has no lsd, the "same" power, more weight, and is a much older less tuned chassis. Its debatable as to if the interior looks as good as the new Si, and debatable as to if the exterior of the RSX is as good as the SI. Oh yeah, dont forget the spoiler costs 400 dollars on the rsx and is free on the SI for you ricaz out there. That and the RSX doesnt even have navigation as an AVAILABLE OPTION. I could get a Si with navi and all the trinkets for the same as a basemodel RSX and be faster, have the LSD, have better "non slippery" seats for the track, an mp3 jack for my iPod (RSX has no such option), and go blazing around with my cool interior.

I'm sorry guys, I just wont pay 20% more for the RSX - S, or the same for 50 less HP in the RSX that also has sloppy suspension.

Last edited by Slash; 09-20-2005 at 06:50 AM.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:42 AM
Tha numba one stunna

civic hybrid...and with all the money you'll have left over from gas you can build a racecar
Old 09-20-2005, 08:08 AM
THE HAMMER

Fuel cost after 150,000 miles

$12814 - Civic Si @ 35mpg on premium
$8970 - Civic Hybrid 50mpg on regular

$3844 is the savings. For under 4000, it had better be a really cheap race car for a very SHORT series.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:40 AM
Spent more money than you

New Si > RSX

And I'm biased.

Racing Integration
LHT Performance
My tuner is named Alpha
Roque Fab = The best Fabricator in the WHOLE WORLD

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fucking temperamental.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:50 AM
towards antisocial

Originally Posted by Slash
The RSX vs Si wasnt in the same league either.

The civic is 19,995 with 197hp
The RSX is 20,495 with 155hp
The RSX-s is 23,495 with 210hp and more weight with NO OPTIONS

An RSX-S with fog lights (civic standard) is 24,000, with a wing add 400 more, and the body kit that so many people have runs around $1,000. Its easy to show the huge price difference between the 2 cars when both are loaded.

Basically your talking about a 20% price gap and it removes the civic from the class of the RSX-s. If you want the "class" to be the same, then the Si would be against the standard RSX with only a 500 dollar price sifference, but 50 less power to the RSX. This is why bang for the buck is the civic's biggest point.

Also, the RSX cannot be ordered with an LSD from the factory, the civic comes with it as an Si standard.

So the RSX has no lsd, the "same" power, more weight, and is a much older less tuned chassis. Its debatable as to if the interior looks as good as the new Si, and debatable as to if the exterior of the RSX is as good as the SI. Oh yeah, dont forget the spoiler costs 400 dollars on the rsx and is free on the SI for you ricaz out there. That and the RSX doesnt even have navigation as an AVAILABLE OPTION. I could get a Si with navi and all the trinkets for the same as a basemodel RSX and be faster, have the LSD, have better "non slippery" seats for the track, an mp3 jack for my iPod (RSX has no such option), and go blazing around with my cool interior.

I'm sorry guys, I just wont pay 20% more for the RSX - S, or the same for 50 less HP in the RSX that also has sloppy suspension.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:54 PM
...isn't other people.

rsx without a doubt, first because i'm in love with them and second because i think the new civics are ugly. and people have probably picked up on the fact that my stance is if i'm going to pay for a brand new car, it will be staying stock for some time, and i had better find it aesthetically super-pleasing.