General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Shops I dealt with during my rebuild

Old 06-15-2005, 12:03 PM
1jz no sh**

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shops I dealt with during my rebuild

I would like to start off saying, "DO NOT GO TO REDZ IN YBOR". They are terrible. The most unorganized, slackassing, procrastinating pos's I have met so far. When I dropped my motor off to them they said it would take 3 days to hone the cylinders and resurface everything and clean it all up. That day I ordered a oil pump, all bearings, thrust washers, and freeze plugs. 3-4 weeks later when I go to pick the motor up, those parts that they said were there, hadn't even been ordered. The block looked like it was never hot tanked, they took the old freeze plugs and put them back in. Its been one problem after another with their work. I would not reccomend them to anyone, even the mkiv guys who hate on us mk3 owners. Not to mention the tons of nuts and bolts they forgot! I'm sure theres tons of other problems I have left out.
General Crankshaft in St Pete. These guys Mike and Jack are very honest and reasonable. They did a complete head job and ordered the parts redz never got. All the work they did was better then anything redz has done and alot nicer and in a faster time then they said. I'd reccomend them to anyone. Thats all for now.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:21 PM
towards antisocial

good to know.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:24 PM
I love Lamp

I fucking hate people who are fucking dicks like that.