General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

rs listed as gsr

Old 03-14-2005, 07:08 AM
IT IS WHAT IT IS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rs listed as gsr

my friends parents wanted get him a gsr integra for his first year as a grad he had a ford contour svt and was haveing alot of problems with it but anyways turns out they got him the gsr from langs car sales are some thing like that and paid what you would pay for a real gsr well how about its an rs with a swap in it. isnt this illegal are some thing what can he do about this any one have any ideas.... please help...
Old 03-14-2005, 07:09 AM
Banned

Florida is buyer beware. Is it really that hard to tell the difference between an RS and a GSR? Doesn't the GSR have the DOHC engine and the RS the SOHC?
Old 03-14-2005, 07:14 AM
IT IS WHAT IT IS

well thats the thing it looks like a gsr from outside and in side but it felt funny 2 me because it didnt have leather and the vin has different numbers in the begin for gsr type r are even si's so i told him 2 take it 2 the dealer 2 find out and so be it i was right its an rs with a swap inside of it (a gsr swap) yeah the douple over head kind lol....
Old 03-14-2005, 07:29 AM
Banned

That hurt my head to read. Your friend is fucked, tell him to enjoy his RS.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:48 AM
IT IS WHAT IT IS

you guys its an rs body with a gsr swap in it. I state that from the begining maybe you guys missed that part (rs with a swap in it) my question is like frank was saying is it really buyer beware state so even though he paid for a gsr and got an rs with a gsr swap in it he cant take any legal action against these people for lying 2 him..
Old 03-14-2005, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by BoB813
you guys its an rs body with a gsr swap in it. I state that from the begining maybe you guys missed that part (rs with a swap in it) my question is like frank was saying is it really buyer beware state so even though he paid for a gsr and got an rs with a gsr swap in it he cant take any legal action against these people for lying 2 him..
lemme retract what i just said,"if" it comes from a dealership yes you can complain.but if he bought it from somebody on auto trader,no.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:01 AM
IT IS WHAT IT IS

he got it from some little dealer ship so what should he do complain to the dealer ship. can we take them 2 court for this let me know. It sounds like a strong case right what do you guys think.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by BoB813
he got it from some little dealer ship so what should he do complain to the dealer ship. can we take them 2 court for this let me know. It sounds like a strong case right what do you guys think.

well you have to take it to them and ask something to be done.if they say they wont do anything you can get in contact with the better business bureau and can take it to court if they still do nothing.BUT tell your friend to first look over the paperwork and MAKE SURE it says "199? integra gsr". and you can call lawyers for a free consultation.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:10 AM
Pleasure the do me

The interior it totally different, the wheels are different, ect. There is more to a GSR than the engine Maybe they should research a car before they buy.

Quick Reply: rs listed as gsr