General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Automotive Fire Supression Systems

Old 02-16-2005, 03:00 PM
finally painted the car!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave, you might be thinking of Halon 1211. Ill have to check if its still legal but I think it is. 1211 is stored in the ext. as a liquefied compresses gas, but nitrogen is added to the tank to increase discharge pressure and stream reach. Halon 1301 is used for heavy computer systems and sysitive electrical equipment. 1301 is a nearly invisible gas that is highly susceptible to being affected by wind. 1301 also dispurses faster then 1211 and for this reason its prefered in most total flooding system using halongenated agents.

For a car application I would use a Multipurpose Dry Chemical (ABC fires), Dry Chemical or a Carbon Dioxide extinguisher (BC fires). I should already have one in my car but for some reason I dont.

Old 02-16-2005, 03:30 PM
is doing your girlfriend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ford now offers a fire-suppresion system as an option on all 2005 Crown Victoria poile package vehicles, to shut up all these people saying that the car is unsafe because when they get rear-ended at 70MPH by a fully loaded semi occasionally a car will catch fire, which is crap cause every fire-related lawsuit against Ford has been dropped cause the one case that had the best chance of winning was thrown out, the NHTSA said that the car performed above and beyond any reasonable expectation that they could have for any vehicle.

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it