General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

New Incentive From VWoA: Free Insurance

Old 01-06-2005, 05:10 AM
got torque?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Incentive From VWoA: Free Insurance

from the VWvortex:

Volkswagen's U.S. representative is testing a new kind of incentive program by offering purchasers of 2004 and 2005 Golfs, New Beetles and New Beetle Convertibles a year of free auto insurance. Customers choosing to lease will also qualify.

The program is available only to residents in Wisconsin and Illinois and is targeted to run for 3 months. This is a pilot prgram for VWoA and Nationwide and after the initial 3-month period is up, the program will be evaluated for possible expansion to all 50 states.

Policies will be underwritten by Nationwide and the offer is designed to attract younger buyers. Coverage will exceed the legal minumums for both states and is upgradable through Nationwide.

As Golf and New Beetle sales are down significantly versus the prior year, VWoA is hoping this new incentive program will help boost lagging sales.

Interested parties should contact their WI and IL Volkswagen dealers for more details.
__________________________________________________ __

attention people in wisconsin and illinois, go buy a VW and get the free insurance and help vwoa expended it the rest of the country. i personaly think this is a kick ass idea.
[+]H&R cup kit[+]Neuspeed sways and front tie bar[+]Forge 007p[+]3" Forced-Motion turbo-back[+]Injen CAI[+]ECS Dog Bone mounts and STG 1 clutch/flywheel kit[+]Audi TT short shifter[+]REVO 4bar cai & turbo-back file w/ sps 3[+]SAMCO TIP[+]NGK Bk7eix[+]17" RS 4 Replicas[+]VDO[+]42DD A-pillar pod and clear corners[+]

anyone need gmail invites? pm me.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:28 PM
drives euro trash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can't give away free insurance. The premium is most likely "hidden" in the monthly payments. Cool idea to roll the two payments into one monthly payment (similar to how I like paying for cable and Internet in one bill), but the "free insurance" claim is very misleading.

Perhaps I'm wrong though...is there any further information on how this system works? I guess it would be plausible/legal that VW could kick the money to Nationwide to pay for these policies.

Last edited by Alan; 01-06-2005 at 07:32 PM.