General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Rsx type S or Celica GTS?

Old 12-24-2004, 05:44 AM
AWD TURBO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 40ozCasualty
Get the Toyota, The last thing we need is ANOTHER riced out Honda/Acura to make the rest of us look bad.
actually dont you have a bright yellow crx? hrmm... anyway im going for the type r conversion if i do get a rsx..that is no way in any form ricey..jdm my friend..
Old 12-24-2004, 05:50 AM
is cooler than you

Just because it's JDM doesn't exclude it from being rice. There are better cars out there than each of those in their respective price ranges.

RSX type S price range = WRX, Mazda 6
Celica GT-S price range = Mazda 3, SRT-4 (even though I hate them and they are pieces of shit that will fall apart in a year, but good bang for the buck)

But if held by gunpoint to drive either an RSX or the Celica, I'd drive the RSX. Better fit, finish, performance, and looks all around.

Old 12-24-2004, 06:26 AM
drives euro trash

Originally posted by Leslie
Just because it's JDM doesn't exclude it from being rice. There are better cars out there than each of those in their respective price ranges.

RSX type S price range = WRX, Mazda 6
Celica GT-S price range = Mazda 3, SRT-4 (even though I hate them and they are pieces of shit that will fall apart in a year, but good bang for the buck)

But if held by gunpoint to drive either an RSX or the Celica, I'd drive the RSX. Better fit, finish, performance, and looks all around.
At this price one could also get into an '05 V6 Mustang which is most likely faster than either the Celica or RSX. Or...get into a leftover '04 GT.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:54 AM
Kung Fu comes standard™

my friend has a 03 celica gt, he dated a girl with a 03 rsx base, and he loves the rsx much better, but i think his car's interior is better

he would have picked up a tc, but he didn't want a 2 door camry

bring back the rwd goodness toyota!!
Old 12-24-2004, 12:46 PM
AWD TURBO

im talking about used ones..i would love to get my hands on a wrx..anytime over either of those two cars also..but insurance is high..so..
Old 12-24-2004, 04:22 PM
is cooler than you

Insurance will most likely be higher for the RSX than the WRX. It was half again as much for my 9 yr old Integra than for my brand new WRX.

Old 12-24-2004, 04:28 PM
The little 5.0 that could

I drove a celica gt, everything was out of reach and the clutch engagement was awful. It was 2 years old, ran like shit, and second gear grinded. I'm not sure how much different the gt-s is, but out of those 2 choices, I'd go with the rsx.
Old 12-25-2004, 01:41 PM
AWD TURBO

Originally posted by Leslie
Insurance will most likely be higher for the RSX than the WRX. It was half again as much for my 9 yr old Integra than for my brand new WRX.
really even tho the wrx is factory turbo? thats weird..if its cheaper on the insurance ill def buy a wrx..but i havta find out.. for sure..i just assumed that it was more due to the turbo..
Old 12-27-2004, 05:46 AM
doesnt even lift

last I checked new celicas were a girls car

Pollo is the best admin there ever was ever
Old 12-27-2004, 05:53 AM
is cooler than you

Originally posted by Eclipseguy12
really even tho the wrx is factory turbo? thats weird..if its cheaper on the insurance ill def buy a wrx..but i havta find out.. for sure..i just assumed that it was more due to the turbo..
But for every one WRX stolen.....there are 1000 Integra's stolen. WRX's are also safer and cheaper to fix in most cases. Those things have more to do with premium price than the fact that the car has a turbo.

And +1 to the Celica's being girl cars. But then again, I'm a girl, and I wouldn't even drive one.

Last edited by Leslie; 12-27-2004 at 05:56 AM.