General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

EVLR34 The truth of what happened.

Old 12-11-2004, 11:43 AM
Ruhe in Frieden Pablo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVLR34 The truth of what happened.

If you all remember, i posted about this car about 2 weeks ago, well now the family of the driver has shed some light on the situation.

THE P-plate driver who killed himself and two friends in an horrific accident was joy-riding in the high-powered, high-speed car without permission, his father said yesterday.

Emile Dousset, 20, had sneaked the Nissan Skyline GT-R from the family garage after he had been told by his father Graeme it was "off limits".

Shortly after, he died instantly along with passengers Carl Homer, 33, and Mr Homer's 15-year-old, seven-month pregnant, girlfriend Natasha Schyf, when they crashed into a power pole at speeds estimated at up to 200km/h.

They were driving in a 50km/h zone on a residential street in the Central Coast town of Wyoming.

A devastated Mr Dousset said Emile had only driven the high-powered sports car "once or twice" before.

"He was not allowed to drive that car," he said.

"He was over that infallible stage when teenagers feel bulletproof. He knew how dangerous it can be. I spent a lot of time educating him on driving and powerful cars."

Mr Dousset, who returned yesterday from a six-month working trip in the UK after learning of his son's death, had been concerned the $110,000, souped-up car was too powerful for his son, whom he described as a "lovely, beautiful kid".

"I can't explain what has happened because I don't know," he said. "I certainly feel very, very devastated for everyone that's involved.

"There are three people that have lost their lives here and three families are very much affected by the whole thing."

Miss Schyf's parents, Margaret and Tony, were doing their best to deal with the loss of their daughter and future grandson.

Mrs Schyf had been due to take her daughter to birthing classes today to prepare for the big day, which was less than two months away.

Miss Schyf and Mr Homer, who met two years ago through friends, had just moved into a new home to start a family with their first child -- a boy -- and were already thinking of names.

"Carl and Natasha were perfect for each other, inseparable," Mr Schyf said.

"He was a lovely guy, everything for my daughter, and we were all looking forward to the baby."

Mrs Schyf, a Jehovah's Witness, said her daughter had not followed the family religion and went her own way, but was always happy.

Mr Schyf said P-plate drivers should be on a "three strike" rule, with an immediate jail term for anyone who strikes out, "regardless of how old they are".

"This is speeding. If all teenagers see this - what has happened to our family - they may think twice," Mr Schyf said.

According to residents of Chamberlain Rd yesterday, the flower-covered memorial to three lives lost had failed to make "a damned difference".

"Less than 24 hours later cars were hooning down the street again last night," resident Lisa Harris said. "We are having enough trouble sleeping as it is because it is really scary,"

Mr Dousset said his family would now try to deal with their loss as best they could.

"I understand there is a huge push on at the moment with P-plate drivers, and I understand it, and I agree with it, but I don't want to use my son as a vehicle for it," he said.

The Daily Telegraph

*Okay for one, the girl was 15, and 7 months pregnant with her 33 year old boyfriends baby.

W
T
F
?????

*She also moved into a house with him. Again WTF?????

*Her parents were supportive of her and her 33 year old boyfriend. Yet again WTF??????

Well, i give my condolences, and i am working on a wallpaper of this car, which a friend of mine Easton Chang photographed. I will post it if i get easton's permission to, because he has removed the pictures from his website.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:47 AM
Ruhe in Frieden Pablo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dammit, i reposted, delete this thread for me