General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

.......Poor LS........

Old 12-11-2004, 03:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

change to an automatic
Old 12-11-2004, 07:44 PM
No "V-TECH" here!!!

why would you want a gsr head...... the b16 is better for lsvtec.... also setting up lsvtec is expensive to do correctly. plus you need a clutch and maybe a flywheel.... damn i would buy a couple lotto tickets. also without building the block it would kind of be pointless b/c you can max the potential of that block on your turbo alone... my $.02

Induction Performance 727.505.1423
* Engine Management Tuning, Track Setup, Consultation, Turbo Sales, Parts Sales (WorldWide)

^^^
ONLY SHOP IN TAMPA THAT TREATS YOUR CAR AS THEIR OWN

Old 12-11-2004, 08:28 PM
Hi Hi Hi?

Originally posted by SloCxHatch
why would you want a gsr head...... the b16 is better for lsvtec.... also setting up lsvtec is expensive to do correctly. plus you need a clutch and maybe a flywheel.... damn i would buy a couple lotto tickets. also without building the block it would kind of be pointless b/c you can max the potential of that block on your turbo alone... my $.02
agreed. i would just get another LS head if you dont have a big bank account to build your block and go ls/vtec

98 Camry w00t! (daily ride)
91' Eclipse GS-t (she's alive!!)
AOL IM: usfbull49

Originally Posted by Frankie
When a jelly fish comes out of my ass, I'll take pics.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:11 AM
Dr. Doom

here's what happened to me when i over-revved, i didn't bend any valves, but all of the tappet valve lock-nuts were extremely lose. :bbb: :bbb: just did a quick valve adjustment, working great now.

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/s...hreadid=171077
Old 12-12-2004, 05:15 AM
Dr. Doom

Originally posted by Orion ZyGarian
Non-interference > Interference good luck
all honda's since the eighties have been interference engines (except for recent hondas which have a headless ignition system), along with your beloved supras which also have a belt instead of a chain. doesn't matter whether an engine is/isn't interference, over-revving does damage to both, tard
Old 12-12-2004, 09:46 AM
Treated and Released

Originally posted by sl0 t3g
all honda's since the eighties have been interference engines (except for recent hondas which have a headless ignition system), along with your beloved supras which also have a belt instead of a chain. doesn't matter whether an engine is/isn't interference, over-revving does damage to both, tard
That doesn't change the fact that non-interference is better. If your timing belt breaks you don't have to worry about bent valves,tard
“Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism”-Barry Goldwater
Old 12-12-2004, 12:06 PM
Dr. Doom

Originally posted by 25psi
That doesn't change the fact that non-interference is better. If your timing belt breaks you don't have to worry about bent valves,tard
one isn't better than the other man, spin it any way you want, both have their advantages/disadvantages. that was my point, this wasn't a pissing match to see which one's better. now go play hide and go fuck yourself.....dolt.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:20 PM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

Belt and chain have their advantages, as do interference vs. noninterference. FYI, 7M's are NON interference. I didnt mean to start yet ANOTHER pissing contest, but generally its easier to repair a non-interference vs. an interference....please let this OLD topic die

ASE: Brakes
Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 12-12-2004, 04:41 PM
BOOST IS BETTER!

Got my "new" head today......damn that bitch was dirty! Took out the cam caps/rocker arms/various nuts/bolts and left them soaking in some purple power.....Then sprayed the bare head with some engine degreaser/purplepower/wd40..... I want this bitch to be spic and span...It is off a 95...not sure of the miles...skunk2 cam gears and IM will be mine by thursday...gonna put all on saturday. wish me luck!