General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Huge Turbo Question?

Old 12-04-2004, 06:58 AM
My car cought on Fire!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Huge Turbo Question?

If a Valve seal is probably loose in the Turbo, and its letting a bit of Oil gettin in and getting burnt, and then I have bluesh smoke coming out of the exahust,(when it IDLE) Is that easy to repair or reperable?????????????

Right now I am not running my car hard at all untill It gets fixed, as a matter a fact I am hardly boosting because the hose thats go's in the head, from the intake is off...
So w/ that hose not beein in, my car does not smoke, Is running my car without that hose going to damage my engine, or should it be fine, until about 1 week an a half, when the car go's back in the shop.??????????
Old 12-04-2004, 07:36 AM
Resident Asshole

I am having a hard time deciphering what you are saying but maybe im just tired. Just soundls like you need an oil catch can or perhaps a pcv valve. its no big deal.
6/14/43 - 7/11/06 2:24am
Old 12-04-2004, 08:08 AM
My car cought on Fire!

Originally posted by Boostin97SE-R
I am having a hard time deciphering what you are saying but maybe im just tired. Just soundls like you need an oil catch can or perhaps a pcv valve. its no big deal.

HOw about the way I am running.?
W/O that hose in the head comming from the Air Intake.
Would it be bad to ride around like that or is it fine for now?
car seems normal when i drive w/o it!...
Old 12-04-2004, 08:14 AM
Resident Asshole

probably wont hurt anything. alot of people just put a small airfilter on them and ride around like that. you could do that and probably have no problems.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:17 AM
My car cought on Fire!

Originally posted by Boostin97SE-R
probably wont hurt anything. alot of people just put a small airfilter on them and ride around like that. you could do that and probably have no problems.
yea thats what i was thinking...

Do you have any idea why it would do that
when the breather hose is on though?
I guess when the breather is on .. the turbo does something that
It starts burnin Oil.and bluesh smoke comes out from the exauhst when in idle
Old 12-04-2004, 08:28 AM
Resident Asshole

its probably just sucking oil out of your head and into the intake tract. its a common thing. thats why most people run oil catch cans.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:29 AM
Team Geritol Racing

Not at idle. When you're boosting, you can be getting some blow by in the cylinders that could push some oil into your breather hose and that would do it. If you're smoking at idle, the rings could just be so worn that you're getting blow by anyway, not related to the turbo. Another possibility is that your oil pressure is high enough and the turbo oil feed is too large and is blowing oil past the turbo shaft bearing and into the exhaust. Trouble with that last one is that removing the breather hose wouldn't stop it, it would smoke all the time.

I'd vote for worn rings.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:35 AM
My car cought on Fire!

Originally posted by DrDirt
Not at idle. When you're boosting, you can be getting some blow by in the cylinders that could push some oil into your breather hose and that would do it. If you're smoking at idle, the rings could just be so worn that you're getting blow by anyway, not related to the turbo. Another possibility is that your oil pressure is high enough and the turbo oil feed is too large and is blowing oil past the turbo shaft bearing and into the exhaust. Trouble with that last one is that removing the breather hose wouldn't stop it, it would smoke all the time.

I'd vote for worn rings.
Yea... when I take the breather hose off. it doesnt smoke out of the breather hose or nothing. It runs fine. (no smoke comes out of the exhaust). yea.. I think thats what Collin at racing integration told me it was... that 1st one you sayd.. the rings on the cylinders. are prob worn out. Collin is going to take the car in and fix it or whatever..
Let me ask you this....
Is that hard, changing the rings on those things....?
Old 12-04-2004, 08:43 AM
Resident Asshole

Originally posted by DrDirt

I'd vote for worn rings.
yeah but if the rings were warn it would still smoke at idle whether the breather was attached or not. And it would smoke all the time not just at idle.