General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Another Turbo Timer Question.....

Old 11-27-2004, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Turbo Timer Question.....

Picked up a used TT from a member here on TR. Its the HKS Type 1 model. I hooked all but 1 wire. (The speed sensor wire.) Anyway, Turbo Timer powers up, RPM read out works, Voltage read out works, Timer comes on, starts to count down when key is turned off......"But" car does not stay running when the key turned off. I have 12v going into the TT, but Im not getting 12 volts out of the TT that is hooked up to the Ign. wire. Could this TT be fried? To make sure I had the right wire, I removed the TT wires, started the car took a wire from the 12v hot. jumped it over to the Ign. switch removed the the key and the car stayed running. Reinstalled the TT and same thing. For some reason the tt is not letting the 12v go through to the Ign wire to keep it running. Any ideas?
Old 11-27-2004, 01:16 PM

I had the install checked by a tech, and was told that my install was right on. but he said that the TT was not working. I guess thats what happens when you buy used. You take a chance. Sad part was that I was told that it worked fine. I should have thought something was wrong when I was told that it was a Type-0 and come to find out it was a Type-1 TT. He did not even know what TT it was. I wont post the person I got it from untill I see if he would make right. What would you do?
Old 11-27-2004, 01:20 PM

wait to see if he gives you your money back and if he dosent ....... beat the fuck out of the guy who sold the TT to you
Old 11-27-2004, 01:25 PM

Well, I wont do that. I hope that he will just refund the money and be done with it. He may have gotten it off somebody else who told him it worked. I really dont know. When I went to pick it up he was a great guy to talk to. He strikes me as a honest person. I will PM him and see what he has to say. More upset that I spent most of the day under the dash and now have a sore back.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:08 PM
is cooler than you

Hopefully if he or she is a decent person, they will fess up to selling you a piece of junk and give you your money back, but with my experiences with people around here, you most likely won't. In that case, just expose them for the piece of crap they are, so no one else gets scammed by them.

Old 11-27-2004, 02:27 PM

I still have faith in the human race I know, I know, I should wake up and SMELL the coffee. Tell ya the truth, this is the FIRST time that I ever bought something used and it did not work. I guess Ive been VERY lucky. I've PM'ed him and waiting for a reply. In the mean time, Does anybody have a BASIC TT they want to sell/trade cheap, so you can get a upgrade. car is taken apart so I can get to my wires and dont want to have to put it all together again just to take it apart again..Car will stay apart till I get another TT. (Not a everyday driver.) IF one is for sale, I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE IT WORKING FIRST. Dont want a repeat of last time. Im sure you understand.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:43 PM
is cooler than you

I'd help you if I could, but I dont believe in turbo timers.

Old 11-27-2004, 03:09 PM
Old school TR member

Ill sell you mine........$60 bucks........and if it doesnt work ill give you your money back....lmk I took it off my tt 300zx
Old 11-27-2004, 03:11 PM
Old school TR member

dont know what model but ill post a pic fairly new...........Its a blitz dual turbo timer..........
Old 11-27-2004, 03:20 PM

Send me a pic if you can.
Drivw@cs.com