General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Dual fuel pumps?

Old 10-30-2004, 10:58 AM
Livin' Large

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A T-rex pump is used in line. The in tank pump is still there, and it basically feeds the T-rex. Having two pumps running seperate being fed by the same stock pick up and then forcing fuel into the same stock line doesn't sound like something that is going to work to me.

Edit: Definitely make sure you have good power though, you can get a race pump to flow less than stock with a cobbed up wiring job
Old 10-30-2004, 11:22 AM
Livin' Large

The only way I would see something like that being effective is if you had a separate pickup for the second pump. It would seem to me that a stock pickup wouldn't flow enough to feed both pumps.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:48 AM

My 930 has two pumps but they are in series. With a fuel loop system as long as the return line can handle the volume you will be ok.

These pumps only move a certain volume of fuel and putting them in series won't change that and the pressure is controlled by the regulator restriction.

The thing I like the most about having two pumps is my car runs fine with just one. Since all my mechanical injection needs is pressure to operate it makes the system very dependable.