General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

What do you think about...

Old 10-20-2004, 07:13 PM
dýsfuňctiønal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think about...

What do you think about mk3 gti vr6's?

im looking into getting a 97 or 98 gti vr6.

i love the way they look, especially once you drop them.

any comments will work...
Old 10-21-2004, 02:59 AM

vw's are garbage

they used to be good but they just suck now

and i'm not the only one that things that I think some car rated corporations rated it the worst car for quality and relabilty

research it

-garrett
Old 10-21-2004, 03:06 AM
drives euro trash

When you get financed on the VW, make sure you take out a seperate loan for repairs. Trust me, you'll need it.
Old 10-21-2004, 03:19 AM
dýsfuňctiønal

damn, that sucks.

i love those things, but i dont exactly want to be repairing it every couple weeks.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:09 AM
vw/audi

So in audi's case does that mean we have a tucked AND inverted penis?
Old 10-21-2004, 06:26 AM
Salad Tosser

Don't listen to these people. Everytime someone asks about VW, people that know nothing about them chime in with there uneducated comments. Go talk to people that actually own them. I have a 97 GTI VR and beat the crap out of it since the day I bought it. I have had no major repairs other than minor maintainence (clutch, brakes). I'll even let you test drive mine to prove these other idiots wrong. "Repaired every couple of weeks", you have to be kidding me, right? Go search all the post where people ask about VW's, people that do not own them post the same typical responses. It gets old.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:43 AM
drives euro trash

Originally posted by BisquitMan
Don't listen to these people. Everytime someone asks about VW, people that know nothing about them chime in with there uneducated comments. Go talk to people that actually own them. I have a 97 GTI VR and beat the crap out of it since the day I bought it. I have had no major repairs other than minor maintainence (clutch, brakes). I'll even let you test drive mine to prove these other idiots wrong. "Repaired every couple of weeks", you have to be kidding me, right? Go search all the post where people ask about VW's, people that do not own them post the same typical responses. It gets old.
As much as I absolutely love the later model GTI's, I've never owned one because of friends/acquaintances who have had issues and paid out the ass to fix these issues.

I look at VW's the same way I look at Mercedes, BMW, and Porsche. Great cars to buy new, but a bitch (i.e. expensive) to repair after the warranty is through.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:44 AM
dýsfuňctiønal

Originally posted by Alan
As much as I absolutely love the later model GTI's, I've never owned one because of friends/acquaintances who have had issues and paid out the ass to fix these issues.

I look at VW's the same way I look at Mercedes, BMW, and Porsche. Great cars to buy new, but a bitch (i.e. expensive) to repair after the warranty is through.
i think im just gonna stick with the usual imports.

ie: interga, civic hatch.