General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Warning-reading this will reduce your I.Q.

Old 08-13-2004, 04:13 PM
Ricer In Training

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Warning-reading this will reduce your I.Q.

This came off a Car Survey chat board:

2002 Ford Mustang Cobra from North America
Incredible Performance Car
What things have gone wrong with the car?
Perfect car except rear portion of headliner is a little lower than it should be.
General comments?
This is one incredible car. The acceleration is unbelievable. It just throws you into the seat, and you have to try to make the shifts before hitting the fuel cuttoff. Unlike any other Mustang I have ever had in acceleration and handling... and I have had a 1970 428SCJ Mach 1, and a 1999 Cobra. SVT got this one right.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

23rd Feb 2003, 06:04 Drive a 2002 Trans Am and you won't be praising your Cobra so much...
Request deletion of this comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16th Nov 2003, 20:17 Well, if the 2002 Trans Am was so great, it's funny that it was discontinued. And drive a Cobra, and see why it's still in the market, and not the Trans Am.

8th Dec 2003, 02:13 Hi, I'm 25 and I drive a Trans Am. I also have a mullet and drink budweiser, beat my wife and kids. thanks.

14th Dec 2003, 17:19 Hi, I'm 22 and I have a lot more money than you do. Trust me. I don't understand why people still stereotype Trans Am with mullets and wife beaters. My 2002 Ws6 cost me $45,000. Then I put about $5000 more into it. Do you think I have a mullet or live at a trailer park?

The only reason I can possible conceive that anyone would pick a Mustang over a Trans Am is money. Mustangs are cheap. Who can deny it? A 2002 Trans Am Ws6 will smoke a Cobra easy. You know why they were discontinued, it's because Ford offers a cheap alternative that ignorant people such as yourselves think compares in performance to the other Muscle cars. Well, they don't...and anyone who knows anything beyond the hype will tell you the same thing.

I've driven both... Mustangs aren't in the same league and never will be... and don't worry, the F-body will be back.

29th Mar 2004, 14:02 Hey Joe Dirt,
I bet the '03 Cobra will eat your Trans Am for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And for a price about 10,000 dollars cheaper.

29th Mar 2004, 18:16 You mustang men need to give your heads a serious shake. For more than a decade the FireBirds, TransAms and Camaros have been the far superior street machines. Faster and better handling the GM cars were designed for performance. Mustangs were and are far more moderate in their design, and this is what has allowed them to remain in the market after the GM's were out of production. Cheaper, higher riding, and always more similar to a sedan in shape than any serious sports car, Mustangs were a viable option for overweight, middle aged people who couldn't get in and out of the Camaros and TransAms, and also for young people who couldn't afford the GM's.

1st Jun 2004, 21:55 OK my cuz has a 02 WS6 and my dad has a 01 Roush Stage 3 and I hafta say that without the supercharger yes the WS6 would win, but the WS6 is no longer being produced and are ugly except for the bad azz front end and I could take the difference of the cost of the WS6 buy a 99 cobra do a head job and supercharge and kill a WS6 OK I still like em but come on!!

19th Jun 2004, 01:25 I think it comes down to this. From 1993 to their demise, GM outperformed Ford. Yes, the new supercharged Ford engines are faster than even the Ws6, but its after the fact. Who know what the F-bodies would be putting out today if they were still in production. GM could have easily s/c their small block too. But as it is, the whole Camaro/Mustang war is over, which depending on how you look at it is both good and bad for the Mustang enthusiast. On the plus, it means less competition for the Mustang and higher sales. On the negative, it means the Mustang is now compared to the Corvette, which with the advent of the 400hp c6 and the upcoming 500hp z06, leaves the Mustang a step behind.

18th Jul 2004, 21:33 I think they're just two different cars, with different publics. They both like power and speed. If I could choose between the two, I would for sure pick the WS6 TA. Not only for the looks, but because there's no supercharger, it's a bigger engine - 5.7 against 4.6 - and just by swapping some intake and exhaust parts you can bump up the power even more. Think about what a supercharger can do to a TA... Not eve fair to our mustang friends. And for one thing, mustangs are everywhere, I mostly see women driving them. The 01's and 02's WS6 are rare and they turn heads... and will always put dust on mustang's windshields.
Add another comment

The swapped hatch hotness

Slow Five-Oh Rustang
Old 08-13-2004, 04:51 PM
OUCH!!!

Too bad Ford didn't make a Cobra for the 2002 model year. <sigh>
Old 08-13-2004, 05:25 PM

+1

fantasy cars are fun.

96 M6 Arctic White Z28
"SLOW LT1"
Blue 2005 Acura TSX
Old 08-13-2004, 05:30 PM
The little 5.0 that could

Originally posted by Leonard
Too bad Ford didn't make a Cobra for the 2002 model year. <sigh>
I'd definately say the 02 ws6 would own the 02 Cobra.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:29 PM
tampa car scene

I would drive a ws6.