General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

GM/Toyota partnership

Old 07-07-2004, 11:57 AM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post GM/Toyota partnership

interesting reads for those who always wondered why their old 80s nova had a 4a-ge or why their pontiac vibe doesnt have an emblem on it...or maybe why there are RHD cavaliers with toyota emblems in japan

http://www.nummi.com

definately a cool venture, had no idea that the tacoma/hilux platform originated from a global design and not toyota's own doing. still cool.

check out the page with the billboard advertising the 80s nova. "imported from our own country" LOL.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:04 PM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

Theyve done it for years. 2nd to last company I'd want to be affiliated with, but whatever. I'll be damned the day I see a pushrod or even a SOHC Toyota come out in the future.

ASE: Brakes
Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 07-07-2004, 03:50 PM
The little 5.0 that could

Originally posted by Orion ZyGarian
I'll be damned the day I see a pushrod or even a SOHC Toyota come out in the future.
Fear of going fast?
Old 07-07-2004, 03:57 PM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

Originally posted by TheShow50h
Fear of going fast?
Haha no, its just not Toyota's thing of engines that dont have DOHC and are mass produced. And if they had a fear of going fast, then why would they build a car that could have 1000+ HP on a stock bottom end?

Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 07-07-2004, 04:09 PM
The little 5.0 that could

Originally posted by Orion ZyGarian
And if they had a fear of going fast, then why would they build a car that could have 1000+ HP on a stock bottom end?
I'm just talkin out my ass I got love for the Yota's.

Btw, for some reason I'm betting the last company you would want to be affiliated with would be ford,
Old 07-08-2004, 06:40 AM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

How did you know?

I dont know why, but for some reason I've always had this thing against Ford, even though they make my 2 favorite trucks in their class (Powerstroke diesel, and Ford Lightning), I like the Ford GT, and the SVT Cobra is something I fear.

I have love for Toyotas too, thats my company right there, I'm just pissed that they wont make anything remotely fast...their fastest vehicles are tied with the X-Runner at 7seconds along with the new Solara, of all things. Well whatever