General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

New CRX?

Old 06-29-2004, 08:00 AM
TR Shop Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New CRX?

Anyone have any more info on this... Charles?

I found this on Honda-tech

Wednesday 12th May 2004

Civic CRX Set To Storm Back

here's nothing civilised about the new Civic. With the emphasis firmly on making its family hatchback more sporty than ever, Honda has radical plans for the next-generation car - and they include bringing back the CRX badge.

The mag's exclusive spy picture reveals what the all-new model will look like, and shows another interpretation of the Civic shape that has evolved over the past 30 years. The front end will be more rakish, while the current version's MPV-like styling will be smoothed out into a more conventional hatchback form.

While both three and five-door variants are expected to be available from launch - set for 2006 - Honda is also said to be planning a high-performance flagship coupé. That would wear the CRX badge last used in 1997. All versions are certain to get Type R models, with power outputs in excess of 200bhp. Also expect less extreme cars with plenty of visual impact, but without the high running costs of a hot hatch.

However, there will be more to the new Civic than just driving thrills. Honda knows that a large proportion of buyers still place practicality as their top priority, so the five-door is likely to be one of the most versatile family cars on the market. Adapting design ideas from the Jazz, it is expected to get impressive interior space and rear seats that fold away to leave a completely flat load floor.

Old 06-29-2004, 08:13 AM
is cooler than you

There have been many articles about the CRX coming back.....I won't believe it until I see one in the showroom.

Old 06-29-2004, 08:26 AM
Ricer In Training

2 seaters are not very practical. I love hatchbacks,but I need a back seat.

The swapped hatch hotness

Slow Five-Oh Rustang
Old 06-29-2004, 08:53 AM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

Default Re: New CRX?

Originally posted by JJFreshyZC
Anyone have any more info on this... Charles?

Why ask me? I have vowed to never own a Honda ever again (except maybe an S2000 or Tsx......Or TL......or NSX....you get the idea.)

Next CRX will be way off mark, unless it is RWD.

CHarles

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com
Old 06-29-2004, 09:14 AM
could be worse

i never was a big fan of the crx... this one actually looks pretty decent tho

www.generationsofcabinetry.com
Old 06-29-2004, 09:16 AM
use two fingers

I've seen a couple articles on the "New CRX". They have all been fake and they have been that hybird half gas half electric car with body kits and what not. But "if" they do bring back the CRX I would also think hard about getting one.

I wish they would make a new one.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:22 AM
TR Shop Mod

Were those "spy" shots in the article or is that a concept car? Did anyone read the same article?

This topic came up on Honda-Tech.com in the S2000 forum, someone was saying production of the S2000 may end with 2005. I know there have been a bunch of posts about the CRX. I never saw photos like this though...
Old 06-29-2004, 12:51 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

Originally posted by Vapor
crx will always be FWD. Its not missing the mark if its not intended to drift or drag. FWD is every bit as capable in slaloms and tests of handling given the right driver. (and no, Im not saying its the best platform for racing, just that it is capable). In a recent time attack, a FWD beat out MANY evos, 240s, and a host of other rwd and awd cars considered to be sports cars to finish 5th overall out of 30 cars. I dont see how it would be missing the mark, maybe missing your demographic maybe...
If it ain't RWD or AWD......it will miss the mark for me.

Charles

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com