General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Instrument Repair Man To The Rescue

Old 06-01-2004, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Instrument Repair Man To The Rescue

Well, I did some above and beyond duty by repairing a broken bore guage for the shop tonight.

It also gave me a chance to play around and determine the taper on my cylinders to a +-0.000025" accuracy.

It appears that I have a consistant cylinder taper of about 0.0006" and ovality around 0.0003" but its hard to tell with this 3 point bore guage so I will need to use the 2 point thats at work to exactly determine my cylinder ovality.

Concidering that I can diamond hone these cylinders another 0.001 it looks like I should be able to straighten these things out and reuse them all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
guage.jpg (42.6 KB, 60 views)
Old 06-01-2004, 11:59 PM
Bewbie Ricer Type-R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Meh, looks like a phallic representation to me.... are you trying to tell us something man?

jfwy

Sorry, it's 4 am and I just woke up
"Damn, my girl got snatched..."
"Kick his ass dude!"
"Nah man... it was Patrick bro"
"Awww shit... leave it alone, that fucker will kill you"
"I didn't know Jesus went to this school"
"Nah dude... that guy right there, that's Patrick. But they are easily confused"