Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   General Car Chat (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/general-car-chat/)
-   -   Valentine One owners... (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/general-car-chat/155163-valentine-one-owners.html)

m0nk3y 05-17-2004 07:29 PM

Originally posted by Tom
jesus dude, just get one ;) ....i got one for christmas and it saved my ass just last night as a matter of fact

GET ONE

Originally posted by m0nk3y
welp, just ordered mine... should be here tuesday afternoon delivery.

ordered it yesterday ;-)

user0ne 06-07-2004 08:58 AM

Does the V1 work good with laser ?
or does it just tell you "beep, ur fuked, beep"

i was bs'n with a cop, and he said it wont go off untill the laser is shot at or very close to the car , basiclly just warning that you were just clocked ...

does the v1 sound before they get a reading ?
i know what the web site says, valentine1.com, but wanted to hear from personal experience.
Thanks in advance

Tits McGee 06-07-2004 09:05 AM

It works with laser....but from my experiences.....cops usually just point and shoot if they are using laser...and if they do that.....even the V1 wont save your ass.....because by the time you hear the noise....they've already got ya.

Bill 06-07-2004 09:23 AM

Originally posted by 2JZ-GE
Does the V1 work good with laser ?
or does it just tell you "beep, ur fuked, beep"

i was bs'n with a cop, and he said it wont go off untill the laser is shot at or very close to the car , basiclly just warning that you were just clocked ...

does the v1 sound before they get a reading ?
i know what the web site says, valentine1.com, but wanted to hear from personal experience.
Thanks in advance

Not at all. Laser has only gone off twice since I've owned it and both times it was simply letting me know I was screwed. As for radar though, it kicks ass. Still though, don't fool yourself into thinking your immune with a V1.

ZDriver96 06-07-2004 09:26 AM

yeah laser... your screwed regardless.. but u may have just enough time to slow down some because they shoot u multiple times.

V1 is still good for instant ons and around corners and hills. I really like mine.

Turbo C-Ya 06-07-2004 10:11 AM

If you are lucky, it will catch a stray laser shot at another car, but this is rare. Instead, it just lets you know you are laser fucked.

I have had mine for almost a month (since I live in Cincinnati, I went to their headquarters personally to pick it up) and love how it picks up every garage door opener, burgler alarm, automatic door sensor, and so on that I pass by.

For every one-thousand false alarms, it actually picks up one or two real ones though. Overall, I think this product is overly hyped.

m0nk3y 06-07-2004 01:50 PM

I have mine now and love it, its saved me a handfull of times. After having it for a little while, you learn whats false and whats not.

Laser has a different warning, and ive gotten advance notice, and time to slow down.

Tom 06-07-2004 01:51 PM

:-D

Turbo C-Ya 06-07-2004 05:00 PM

Originally posted by m0nk3y
Laser has a different warning, and ive gotten advance notice, and time to slow down.
I doubt you got advance notice, he probably just didn't decide to pull you over. The only way to get advance notice is if 1 of the 5 series of beams shot at a car ahead of you (and relatively close by) actually misses that car and you happen to be in its path so it hits you. This rarely happens.

Hella Slow 06-07-2004 05:43 PM

thats why i'm happy with my cheap ass old school cobra r/d....it tells me when to pull over and get a ticket and it tells me when someone walks out of a store....i love it and i only payed 50 bucks for it @ walmart

thats my 0.02
_Jason