General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

What color should I paint my car?

Old 02-28-2004, 02:57 PM
Get Down-Or-Stay Down

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What color should I paint my car?

I need help deciding on what color to paint one of my cars.
I have been thinking for a while to use this high silver mettalic from Dimont* (sp)

Its the same color that we sprayed the front of my car 2 years ago just for fun..I was also thinking of using the silver for the whole car with maybe pearl in it or just go with a darker silver/pewter color.. someone help me decide..

I will be running Weld racing wheels when its done.. here some pics to get an idea..

The inside colors are black and silver..

Do you want to be tazed?
Old 02-28-2004, 03:06 PM
drives euro trash

I've been staring at that picture, and I can't figure out which looks better: black or silver. Those two tones go quite well together. Maybe you can figure out some sort of tasteful two-tone paint job using both. I think it would look pretty cool if you had the roof from the crease of the B-pillars up painted black (perhaps the hood black too) with the rest of the car silver. Tint the windows black too...it could look nice.
Old 02-28-2004, 03:08 PM
Get Down-Or-Stay Down

Originally posted by phatstang1
I've been staring at that picture, and I can't figure out which looks better: black or silver. Those two tones go quite well together. Maybe you can figure out some sort of tasteful two-tone paint job using both. I think it would look pretty cool if you had the roof from the crease of the B-pillars up painted black (perhaps the hood black too) with the rest of the car silver. Tint the windows black too...it could look nice.
I just noticed some people are thinking only silver or black..

I was tring to ask any color imagingable.. out not hurting the pockets.. im getting the labor free,and probally the paint .. unless its a expensive color like what I wanted
(Ford Tangerine) $235 a gal..
I want to see what house of color has..

Do you want to be tazed?
Old 02-28-2004, 03:09 PM
drives euro trash

I'm just a huge fan of black, silver, or white as car colors. The black and silver combo works well on your car in my opinion.
Old 02-28-2004, 03:18 PM
Get Down-Or-Stay Down

I'm just a huge fan of black, silver, or white as car colors. The black and silver combo works well on your car in my opinion.
lol Im tring to stay away from the color fade thing,I had to get the front end painted cause of an accident and the paint and labor was free,so it didnt bother me.. I dont want black again cause it shows flaws easy.. the lighter the color the better,to hid flaws..

I like this dark peuter looking color I see on some new Caddilacs,but heres house of colors..

http://www.houseofkolor.com/hok/index.jsp

Do you want to be tazed?
Old 02-28-2004, 03:35 PM
drives euro trash

Ohh...I meant the color combo of that silver with the black. I didn't mean keep the color fade, although that style paint was popular back in the day so it is almost a "period" style paint job as it sits.

Pewter colors are beautiful. I absolutely love Aharon's color on his Cobra (I think it is mineral grey).
Old 02-28-2004, 03:41 PM
Get Down-Or-Stay Down

Ohh...I meant the color combo of that silver with the black. I didn't mean keep the color fade, although that style paint was popular back in the day so it is almost a "period" style paint job as it sits.

Pewter colors are beautiful. I absolutely love Aharon's color on his Cobra (I think it is mineral grey).
I saw a Pewter looking color on a Older Ford,Exploror the flares were a nice dark silver/pewter look,I need to see what color is on the Mustangs,

Im going to be running Welds on it and they will be polished so I kinda like the idea of the high metallic silver and its bring,then maybe put a hint of pearl in it,but not sure what color.

Im still thinking of what color I want

Do you want to be tazed?
Old 02-28-2004, 03:53 PM
Jose

neon green or pink would most definatly suit that car
Old 02-28-2004, 03:54 PM
Dr. Doom

Originally posted by sentra of attention
Old 02-28-2004, 03:58 PM
Get Down-Or-Stay Down

Originally posted by sentra of attention
I actually would do that if I had 12 in fog lights in front of my car.

Do you want to be tazed?