General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

DC Sports upper front strut ....

Old 12-25-2003, 05:46 AM
Sit Pretty?!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well it's been on my car for about a year...so i think the "break in" process on that one is over..

and even if you just "check it" doesn't mean that's going to tell you what's wrong with it. I did "check it" and it squeaks, so I was asking why might this be occuring, logic told me maybe it just needs to be tightened, but there could be a possibility it might be something else.

That would be why I'm posting it here......
Old 01-05-2004, 05:53 PM
Sorta Kinda O.G.

maybe your strut bushings are worn? i know my ball joint ones are shot...and squeak sooo much...
Old 01-06-2004, 10:48 AM
Sit Pretty?!

ya that's what i'm thinking it is too. it's driving me completely crazy b/c of the squeaking. Do I have to get the new bushings from DC sports or can i just pick them up from somewhere ? at least i know i'm not crazy now ...
Old 01-06-2004, 11:16 AM

i hope its a coupe...not that it matters, have fun with that
Old 01-07-2004, 11:30 AM
Sit Pretty?!

yup it's a coupe
Old 08-17-2004, 06:49 PM
Sit Pretty?!

ya turns out...it's not even my freaking strut bar, my motor mount was broken and it had been into honda at least 3-4x's while it was broken and didn't even notice...dumb fuckers i can't stand them... so now the squeak is gone BLAH
Old 08-17-2004, 08:21 PM
BOOST IS BETTER!

Default Re: Re: Re: DC Sports upper front strut ....

Originally posted by Acidtalons
WD40 + suspension = bad.

WD40 is a solvent and will break down chassis grease. It will eliminate squeaking temporarily but it will probably come back again later and be worse.

Keep it away from ball joints, grease fitings, tie rod ends, control arm bushings, etc etc.
GOOD TO KNOW!
Old 08-20-2004, 09:13 PM
Urdaddi

I had a squeak in my Si that I just knew was in the suspension. Drove me frickin' nuts for over a year. The dealer couldn't nail it down either. Well one day I was putzin around with the car and leaned right on the front center of the hood and SQUEAK (yeah, that squeak!). !#$@#!#....big wad o' grease on the hood latch and no more frickin' squeak.

These things can drive you out of your mind trying to locate. When I would drive I could swear it was coming fron the right front susp.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:58 AM
Sit Pretty?!

ya ...that's what i thought it was...either my strut bar or something in my suspension, honda wanted to take everything apart and charge some outrageous price, i was like um ya fuck that I know it's not the suspension it's probably something minor so I'm just going to wait and deal with it. Sure enough...we were changing the oil in my car and low and behold...broken motor mount