General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.
View Poll Results: what do u think
Nice Performance
72.73%
Too Fruity
27.27%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Mini Cooper, What Do You Think?

Old 12-07-2003, 06:30 PM
huevo splash!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Cooper, What Do You Think?

What do you guys think of the mini cooper s (the supercharged version), nice performance for the money, or wouldnt drive it becsue of the ghey look. i think its really nice performance wise, and even the look of the hatch is kinda growing on me.

What Would Lao Tzu Do?

Last edited by AmemiyaRX-7; 12-07-2003 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-07-2003, 06:33 PM

Wouldn't buy it for a drag car, but autox is a definite yes.
Old 12-07-2003, 06:48 PM

it might be fun to drive around for awhile but I'm not sure if I could bring myself to drive it daily.

And I would never think about making it a drag car. just for some good old autoX
Do I need to explain why you did not get the best welcome? It's kinda like walking into a crowd of gang members and saying "Wassup bitches... i can shoot a fucking gun... can you muthafuckers?" I bet you wouldn't be welcomed as a member right away...
Old 12-07-2003, 06:54 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

It's fagtastic!
Old 12-07-2003, 07:01 PM
drives euro trash

Nice car to drive, but I wouldn't own one. I had problems driving the car. My wide feet couldn't press the gas pedal without hitting the brake pedal, or the brake pedal without hitting the gas. Although it can easily fit somone even taller than me at 6'4, you have to have thin little feet or perhaps some slim racing shoes (I don't think I could wear those to work).

Performance was pretty decent. It had a nice amount of "get up and go", but wasn't impressive for the total cost of the car ($23k fully equipped minus HIDs, navigation, and leather). The small amount of blower whine did sound pretty cool, but for me to buy the car it would need AT LEAST 50+ additional hp and torque at the same price level. It handled nicely, very similar to a go-kart. Pretty harsh for a factory car, but I imagine it could do quite well in an auto-x.

Didn't like the transmission. That Getrag 6-speed is the same in the SVT Focus, and in both cars it is not smooth shifting and the gearing is optimal for leisurely trips to the grocery store.
Old 12-07-2003, 07:13 PM
Breaking the Broken

i work for ferman bmw/mini and i get to dirve those cars all day and they are fun as hell, they might look kind of gay but its an awesome autocross car.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:08 PM
vw/audi

I like it!
Old 12-07-2003, 09:36 PM
is cooler than you

Originally posted by Kyle K
I like it!

Old 12-07-2003, 09:47 PM
boostmonkey

Fruitacular. The image has worn off. It is about as cute as a Metro now. The performance is underwhealming and not even to the level of the ghey Skittle even in the "Works" version. What is the point? None. Just another proud member of my rearview mirror for so much more than I paid for my ride. I shoud just hang out in front of a Mini dealer and give people rides in my car for 20k and kick them in the nuts. Only then they are qualified Mini owners.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:29 PM
THE HAMMER

I dont think this AmemiyaRX-7 guy EVER POSTS ANYTHING BESIDES "DO you like X car?" threads, or "Is A,B,or C car better?" threads..

FUCKING SAY SOMETHING OR ASK SOMETHING WORTH SAYING OR ASKING!!

Or for god sake at least mix it up...

p.s. I just feel like hating right now...