General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Any have the text of Hot Rod's USA vs Japan article?

Old 12-03-2003, 10:10 AM
danse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any have the text of Hot Rod's USA vs Japan article?

The January 2004 issue of Hot Rod features an article with a STi vs a Cobra in various exercises. Apparently the STi fairs as well or better than the SVT. Anyone happen to have text of this article? Hot Rod won't put it online until next month, if at all. Thanks!

Want to know what the war in Iraq is really costing America? Click here
Old 12-03-2003, 10:40 AM
Driver

I watched it on tv the other day. There was another thread a week or two ago about it. I know that 1/4 mile times for both was the same (13.4 I think) after they put ice on the intake/intercooler and the cobra had a much higher trap speed. Of the 2 guys on the show one prefered the Cobra the other prefered the STI. They also said that the STI was easier to driver but not as fun.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:45 AM

I have always heard that car and driver got crappy times out of there test cars but I guess Hot Rod is worse. CaD got a 12.9 out of the Cobra they tested and HR only got a 13.4.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:51 AM
Driver

conditions could have been different I think I remember them saying fastest time for both cars was 13.4 with the ice on the intake before that both cars were 13.9 or in the 14's. The cobra is a difficult car to launch the driver makes a huge difference in those cars off the line.