General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Racing Zone Blues

Old 11-11-2003, 11:34 AM
just blaze...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, I haven't seen you post in a while!

Anyways, that sucks what happened to your brother. I only do business with Racing Zone when I really need something asap. But they should have given your brother the other spring...

Old 11-11-2003, 12:36 PM

If it helps the part# for the standard spring is 11900501...

Guy
AE
Old 11-11-2003, 01:08 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

Who did you talk too? Seeing as RZ is a Greddy Dist, they should know the difference. Remember, Adrian is the MGR, DAnny and Rita OWN the place. Have you tried them?

Charles

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com
Old 11-11-2003, 05:24 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

I've never had any problem with any of them. The fact that they are GREDDY Distributors would make you think that they would be especially understanding to the situation. Did you ever install the product? If not, and the box is in new condition, you should be able to return it...

But do yourself a favor, read the reciept, I'm sure they're going to charge a re-stocking fee (special order item), and you might be better off just getting the spring. Maybe ask them to sell the spring @ cost.

Here is what I would be looking at:
1. Does reciept show part #? if they gave you a different part than what is in the reciept, they are responsible

2. If the numbers are the same, or there is no part number on the reciept, they don't have to do anything.

What sucks is that if you went to guy to buy it, you'd still be buying it from RZ, but at least GUY would have probably worked with you a bit better.

In my mind, if you are not satisfied, go to RZ and ask to speak with Danny or Rita. Adrian is the GM. Go nicely, and be sure you understand there return policy (it's clearly printed on the reciept).

I wish you luck. I've had my issues with RZ, but I've been able to deal with them in a civil manner. They're not all that bad, they're just trying to run a business that deals in ALOT of special order parts.

Charles

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com
Old 11-11-2003, 06:54 PM
<<<Tampa<<< >>>Bay>>>

Originally posted by ghuey
If it helps the part# for the standard spring is 11900501...

Guy
AE
Shoulda done business with him^^^ but anyways if u have a receipt wont they just exchange it? dont they have to?