General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

the newest SR productions video

Old 08-28-2003, 10:11 PM
THE HAMMER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down the newest SR productions video

after seeing that video... i couldnt help but lose all my respect for supras.... lots of races were lost that shouldnt have been......... against cars of lesser power or capability... i maen 450rwhp vette vs T78 supra from a 60 or higher roll and the supra loses.. gimmie a break...... why even show that?
Old 08-29-2003, 06:36 AM
Light Bulb With Horns

for sure, i remember that vid. that vette was fast. and i agree when 2 cars are racing and the camera is in one of the cars, it will not as fast as they are really going. unless you look at the background
Old 08-29-2003, 10:20 AM
THE HAMMER

did i ever say it "looked fast" according to the camera positioning... I mean if u used that philosophy then enthalpy vs the SS would be the slowest race evar...

What i'm saying. is a LOT of "high HP" supras of the APU or APU++ level (no not the BPU ones, although they were sad as well) were losing. Heck a SP63 supra lost to a VR4... that should never happen from a roll!!!
Old 08-29-2003, 02:51 PM
THE HAMMER

Suprakid... I really dont know what u are basing your posts off of.. none of them are making any sense..... Of course I know other cars can be made fast... But I just find it hilarious for T78 supras to lose to cars repetidly in their own environment when they have a serious claimed HP advantage...
Old 08-29-2003, 03:16 PM
THE HAMMER

Default Re: the newest SR productions video

Originally posted by Slash
after seeing that video... i couldnt help but lose all my respect for supras.... lots of races were lost that shouldnt have been......... against cars of lesser power or capability... i maen 450rwhp vette vs T78 supra from a 60 or higher roll and the supra loses.. gimmie a break...... why even show that?
This is the point of the post........ I think the supras shoulda held their own against some of the much slower cars that beat them... Auto Z32's that are on stock turbos... VR-4's BPU... stuffs like that.... and assuming that the format of the video was to show the camera car on top. and the opponent on the bottom.. An automatic supra was whalloping on the 6spds.... I dont see why that would be given they are both BPU....

Its these random oddities that kept me thinking "Why did this happen.. How come the supra didnt beat ____. Ive seen BPU supra videos and usually they seem to really put some hurt on things from a roll. But this video just threw some supra commonalities out the window and baffled me.

Last edited by Slash; 08-29-2003 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-29-2003, 03:22 PM
THE HAMMER

i'm going to watch the vid and list the races i thought were sad by using a timed format...

Example

Viper RT/10 vs civic hatch....... Winner Civic.. 3:10-3:25
Old 08-29-2003, 03:57 PM
THE HAMMER

OK so here goes... I'm past the music intro.. gonna do this 1 at a time...

This is assuming the camera is in the car listed on top. and the bottom car is the car the camera is looking at (seems to be the standard format.

1. BPU 6spd vs BPU auto..... 6spd gets the jump but then auto pulls on top... oddity number 1... This repeats several times in the next few videos 1:55-2:37

2. 6:28-6:40 SP61 supra vs 450rwhp vette (from a dig) even as they contionue to wind it out, the supra never recovers at all, it just continues to fall back.. This one isnt SO bad, but you'd think the supra would be making at least 550RWHP or more and be able to at least close the distance in 3rd and 4th gear....

3. 7:07-7:43 SP61 supra vs 450RWHP vette (from a roll) supra gets walked bad 2 times all the way to 160 in the 2nd time. I dont understand this one at all. You'd really HOPE that a T61 supra makes more than 450rwhp.....

4. 9:07-9:18 SP63 Supra vs BPU VR-4. This one is really depressing, it takes forever for the supra to make up the ground.. Really emphasizes the narrow powerband a supra has with a big single.... A VR-4 is a Porker of a car, even BPU, I'd be embarassed if I was the supra driver

So those 4 were the most questionable, and are the reason for my posting. I think I have justified myself and my distaste for the supra's form of power delivery.....

Area under the curve is the lesson of this session....

Last edited by Slash; 08-29-2003 at 05:23 PM.