General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

The Arks first 24 hours with a new owner

Old 08-28-2003, 07:07 PM
THE HAMMER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Arks first 24 hours with a new owner

Well I bought the Ark from John at Secret Services as my new trip car / fiancee's car / autox fun car / the only sorta fast thing I have right now till next project.....

Well.... so far its conqured almost 1100 miles (yes in 24-28 hours) and caused problems for a V6 accord with twin 5 inch tips ( big problems i started at 3500 RPM in 2nd and was just normal street driving when he punched it.

But the Ark had troubles of its own... One of the Kumho 712's (teh front left) took a shit and totally came apart as my fiancee was going about 60mph on 417 on the way to school.

Flat Tire.... Hard to see.. bad pic will replace tommorow maybe.

Wheel Lock to which there was no Wheel lock key in the car.. So I'm off to get a new one. This prevented us from just changing the flat to the spare a bit, the other problem in this was that the car is too LOW for my big jack (even my sissor jack!).

A Wrecker came but It also couldnt get low enough.. so we drove the teg up on boards and then right before he hitched it i spotted this! (Picture taken later on flatbed) The Japanesse DC 4-1 Header ( different than the american version) was in the way! we couldnt back the arms to the wheels without hitting this first.. I decided I didnt wanna damage the part (hard to find + labor) and also risk damaging other stuffs.

In a wierd twist of fate.. The only towing company around with a flatbed at the moment was "Irish Mike's". Kinda ironic since my name is Mike and my fiancee is a true irish citizen (been here 5 years). The owner races in the SCCA and I can remember seeing his car ( a spec class car white and green )on speedvision series as well. The flatbed man was a true pro and didnt hurt ANYTHING while moving the lowered vehicle as he has lots of practice with the racecar (using a FLATBED TOW TRUCK to tow your racecar!! BADASS!).

And there was MUCH Rejoicing..........

OK so I stole slow kyle's pose... But at least I edited it by not touching my head.. I think it makes me look shorter and that isnt good............

So now I need to buy one of these lugnut key's.. Get some ramps... Drive integra on ramps.... Jack up and put jackstands on each corner.. Take all 4 rims off.. New tires already ordered (Bridgestone RE750's) and mount on rims off the car (hard to find people to work on lowered cars here in rice-lando which seems a bit strange, my car is like flying in the sky compared to these ricers.... Then call up Enjuku racing and see who Ken reccomends to align lowered cars in orlando........

Fun Fun for me!! The Chronicles of the Ark continue!!!

Last edited by Slash; 08-28-2003 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:39 PM
is cooler than you

As the President, OG, and founding member of the Integra Sedan owners club, I welcome you.

Old 08-28-2003, 08:05 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

good call. irie mikes is great. at one point i heard they had a dyno but that was never confirmed (it might be at that location but using a different shop name operating in the same place???). they do good work though, not just towing but general stuff.

oh and u know that pose has been around jdm land forever.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:25 PM
boostmonkey

If you ever think that flesh wound on that JDM DC header is bad, you should see mine. I call it the "power crush." It's great for performance, although I highly reccomend flattening it alot more for optimal performance.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:56 PM
THE HAMMER

I have no idea solo.. i didnt put the header on there.. whats the downsides of it? and whats the upside? my guess

Downside : worse flow
Upside : ground clearance