Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

I Need Your Help / Input / .02 Cents

Old 04-24-2003, 03:53 PM
Vertically Challenged

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if it hasn't been wrecked, and its only the front bumper, I wouldnt worry about it that much.

Affordable Web Design, Graphics Design, SEO, and Internet Marketing. chris@splashmediaflorida.com
Old 04-24-2003, 04:24 PM
Shake n' Bake

as long as there is no overspray, and thats the only thing that has been painted, then i wouldnt worry about it and would use it as a way to get them down more on the price.

Old 04-24-2003, 05:03 PM
Banned

3/4 of the lease turn ins we buy end up getting the paint up front touched up.
Old 04-24-2003, 06:37 PM
Does not race from a roll

who fucking cares, what is this some kind of special "show" car or something. buy it, bring it home, and put a carb on it.

Smackin down LS1s since 99', LQ4s too...
Old 04-24-2003, 07:37 PM
whoopdy fucking do!

as long as the painter/prep knew what they were doing it shouldn't be a problem.....

my car was repainted when i got it, and it has diff color paint in the trunk, so the trunk lid was replaced, but it has no type of collision damage......

just look at all the supports and such and look for any slight bends or welds anywhere......

PS my paint has held up great too, take a look at my paint and try to find any flaws (cept for the spidercracks in the rear from the trucks and cars that have rammed me )

all in all i wouldnt worry about it if the rest of the car is what you want..... wors case senario, if they did paint it wrong, it might fade or chip in a few years, and you'll just have to have it redone correctly... but its just the front bumper, that prolly about $300-400 max, if not less to repaint.......correctly.........

Last edited by stangerang; 04-24-2003 at 07:41 PM.
Old 04-25-2003, 05:09 AM
pwns.

if it's not 100% what you want, as you want it, I wouldnt get it. You are the consumer, you have the money, thier job is to get you exactly what you want.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:06 AM
WIP

IMHO if you are not buying new, then finding something that is EXACTLY what you want is nigh impossible... (unless you get a lucky find). And I think that you are beginning to realize this in your quest. I'd say that if the paint warranty is your only concern then just go ahead and buy it. The chances of anything happening along those lines is unlikely.