Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Overall comparison, foxbody & fbody

Old 03-12-2003, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Overall comparison, foxbody & fbody

Between a convertable foxbody 5.0, and an early 90's fbody (either convertable or t-tops) with a 350, which do you consider to be a better all around car? Why?
The Fbody seems to dominate every class they share in autox, the foxbody seems to have more parts available. Both motors have TONS of parts available, and both have lots of potential. Neither is light by any means, but I think the foxbody ends up a few pounds slimmer. Price tags are similar, on paper the two seem pretty even. Insight?
Old 03-12-2003, 06:14 PM
whoopdy fucking do!

i like the 3rd gens, they have alot of power, are just as fast as a stang stock and are pretty original,

but the stang has alot more of an aftermarket, folowing and such.... and the L98 is not as easy to mod as the lt1...

they would both make great cars IMO the 3rd gen camaro's are tough .... i hat 2 of em and they were both tanks and my nice one, a 92 rs 25th aniversary heritage edition, had a 305 and was a real trooper, i had over 100k on it, beat the hell out of it daily and nothing ever broke..... then i slammed it into a 96 year olds, stationwagon at 50mph and spun his ass around like 3 times and still drove the car home ! it still ran great !!! HAHAHAHA

but id choose the fox body for chaep and abundant parts !
Old 03-12-2003, 06:27 PM

Scott- As far as autox classes, last year's national championship went something like this:
F Stock (shocks, exhaust, tires): Highest placed non-fbody was an 01 cobra in 12th, the next mustang was in 25th
EStreet Prepared (unlimited susp, unlimited engine outside of the head): Three stangs in top 10, all 96-98 cobras, no fox bodies to speak of in either of these classes
Street Mod (stock suspension mounting locations, motor from same manufacturer, some interior remains): One foxbody is the only one of these cars to speak of, placed 34th, 10 seconds behind the leader.

Dustin- is the L98 the 350 or 305?
Old 03-12-2003, 07:31 PM
Driver

Default Re: Overall comparison, foxbody & fbody

Have u ever drove an f-body i hate those things cant see over the 6mile hood? Thier not bad cars i mean i would drive one if they never invented the mustang i would never buy a convertible though, the fox body converts. have a lot flex if u get one i recommend a rollcage or at least subframe conectors to stiffen the chassis IMO. And the 8.8in. rear is some much stonger. although i do believe the F body as better weight distribution. I would say drive them and get the one you feel fits you they both can be made to handle better, go faster, and stop faster
Old 03-12-2003, 07:45 PM
whoopdy fucking do!

L98 is da 350 !
Old 03-13-2003, 05:31 AM
200 SHOT

I would take the 3rd gen all the way.I diss like fox bodys so ya know.but hey all i really gotta say is small block 350 all the way

Yeah it's broken
-Cobra block
-Cobra crank
-Diamond pistons
-Eagle rods
-NOSzle Kit
-Bottle Heater
-QA1 K-Member
-D&D Tubular A-arms
-D&D Coil overs
-1/2' Intake spacer
-Windage tray
-80MM C&L
-K&N Filter
-FR Aluminum drive shaft
-Steeda G-trac bar
-Kenny Brown sub frames
-UPR shifter
-Spec clutch
-Spec Alumn Flywheel
-Steeda Clutch quadrant
-Steeda fire wall adj
-4:10 gear
-Mac upper adj control arms
-Mac Lower control arms
-Mac T/A girdle
-Steeda quad shocks
-Hooker long tubes
-DR.Gas X-pipe
Old 03-13-2003, 10:56 AM
whoopdy fucking do!

Originally posted by Mars_302
L98 are very easy to mod. uses the same ole chevy heads that have been using for years, just going to cost $1200 for a real intake if you keep it TPI.

I like the stang better. better interior, easier to work on
true, there are alot of parts, but not nearly as popular or cheap as an lt1, or ls1..........

the best place i have ever seen for 3rd gens is TPiS.... they have alot of stuff for the l98...

i think it is www.tpis.com
Old 03-13-2003, 11:00 AM
I have fuzzy eyebrows

Hmm...tough call. I have seen some really nice 3rd gens lately and there is alot you can do to them. I think I would only do a 3rd gen if I was going to change the engine setup.

I would have to go with the Fox Body.

if it's cheap & reliable, it ain't fast, if it's fast & cheap, it ain't reliable, if it's fast & reliable, it ain't cheap