Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Vic firewall modification

Old 02-07-2003, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vic firewall modification

Fordman... you have any clue how much teh firewall needs to be notched when installing Mustang GT headers in place of the crown vic exhaust manifold? it bolts right up, but the firewall is in the way of a good fit.

I'm getting flowmaster 40's put on monday so that'll get the exhaust started.

Does anyone have a stock MAF from a GT laying around?preferably an aluminum one so I can port it nice and good...

I'll have the vic dynoed at some point and I must see some good numbers. I know i'm getting better gas mileage since I started my simple mods, but now it's time for some actual increases.
Old 02-08-2003, 10:20 PM
OUCH!!!

Hahahhahahaha... I told you not to get rid of the mustang....
Old 02-10-2003, 07:00 AM

you're a dumbass lenny...
despite the rules!

you know darn well I need to be able to haul 5 people comfortably, and a full 5 pc. set of luggage, WITH the double stroller STILL in the trunk! That's why I rule.

that, and I can go 90 on the interstate without repercussion, without a Valentine 1. Something about a silver vic that even deludes the LS1 powered FHP cars... (funny I actually rolled up on one under an overpass gunning people while I was doing 88, not even a flinch... I just let off and coasted but not before he DEFINITELY had time to tag me... I'm sure the Cobra would have met peril.)

benefits of family size.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:41 AM

Yeah I've been checking the archives there and at Crownvic.org... no luck.

I've had it out with a few guys on there who are determined they are right no matter what proof you provide so I try to NOT post as often as necessary.

However, they were happy to hear about my 15.8 pass with only good tranny fluid as an upgrade... supposedly one of the top 3 runs for a stock vic, ever.

I guess I'll break down and ask them.
Old 02-13-2003, 06:59 AM

Default replied

Yeah, I had mixed up research I had done on another car... for the Vic, you have to cut the flanges off and rotate them 180^, On the mustang the H-pipe is narrower, on the VIC, the frame is in the place where the stang's Hpipe is, lol.

I'll do the mod eventually, but for now I'll stick to the cat-back and some intake mods. Next week I'll probably be pulling the upper intake to look for and smooth any imperfections, like i did with my GT. And I'm getting a MAF for cheap, but can't install that until I get a chip.

By all accounts this should increase my power to ~265 flywheel. In the meantime I'll combine that with the typical 4R70W transmission kit upgrades for some peppiness.