Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Interesting stereo display...

Old 08-26-2002, 04:59 PM
WIP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting stereo display...

Yesterday when I took the Cobra out for a spin and, of course, got caught in the rain with it (covered for two weeks and day I take it out a storm comes out of nowhere..).

Anyhow... I never did put the antenna on since I was only going to be out about a half hour. I pulled back into the garage and shut it off... closed the garage door and then started it up again to move it and when I turned the key to the On position, the stereo display (original Mach 460), lights completely up.. all of the little LED parts came on... none of the controls would respond (tried turning the music down).. turned the car off and then back on and it was fine.. after several more attempts, I couldn't get it to repeat it...

Anyone else seen this!?!?
Old 08-26-2002, 05:12 PM
OUCH!!!

damn those squirrely little electrons... sometimes they don't do what they're supposed to....
Old 08-26-2002, 06:32 PM

Joe's little otter friend must have been in your garage.

The next time you can't find a designated driver, just park in a tow a way zone!!
Old 08-26-2002, 08:20 PM
The H N I C

Never had that happen, but then again the stock stereo was only in my car for about a month. If it gives you problems again I have the same piece at my place that I will give you to try out.
Old 08-27-2002, 05:27 AM
WIP

Originally posted by "4.6Power"

Never had that happen, but then again the stock stereo was only in my car for about a month. If it gives you problems again I have the same piece at my place that I will give you to try out.
Good deal.... I appreciate the offer.. 'course it probably won't do it again...