Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Why don't you?

Old 08-19-2002, 06:34 PM
AuH20 in '64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why don't you?

I'm whoring this one from the thread on the flywheels. Why don't you have a scattershield? What lame excuse can you come up with? Interesting to know. It's cheap insurance for not possibly maiming yourself or possibly killing yourself. If you do have one, how much was it, couple hundred bucks??

No flame, just wanna know what everyone says.

Originally Posted by XYNaPSE
Article I Section 8 gives Congress the power to do whatever Congress deems necessary.
Old 08-19-2002, 07:43 PM
Got traction?

Default Re: Why don't you?

Originally posted by "87IROC"

I'm whoring this one from the thread on the flywheels. Why don't you have a scattershield? What lame excuse can you come up with? Interesting to know. It's cheap insurance for not possibly maiming yourself or possibly killing yourself. If you do have one, how much was it, couple hundred bucks??

No flame, just wanna know what everyone says.
Joe, I don't know why you getting all in a uproar but I'll explain on why I don't have one, u can judge yourselft if it's lame or not. It's your opinion.

1. a lakewood sfi approved bellhousing is 390$. So it ain't cheap.
2. Every mod motor racer I have talked/met/raced/drank beer with has never broke an input shaft on the launch.(knock on wood)
3. They don't make a strong bellhousing for the wimpy t45 tranny yet. (atleast to my knowledge)
4. Scattershields weight about as much as a small import!
5. I am currently looking for another tranny(stronger) that is designed for 7k+ dumps. Tko w/ a lakewood BH
6. IMO I don't think I'm making anywhere near the power to drastically explode the tranny. Not yet atleast!
7. last, there are a few guys on corral that have the same setup as me and they come out at as much as 7600! and ran this setup for a few race seasons.

So u may think some are lame. If it makes u feel better after my last outing on slicks I came close to grenading my tranny. So no mo 7K+ dumps for me on slicks until I get a stronger tranny. Don't want to pay for the tow bill from BMP to TnC. Oh one more thing, I only come out about 4500-4800rpms on the nittos. It's the slicks that I rev to the moon.

-Mark
Old 08-19-2002, 08:16 PM
The H N I C

Its all part of the thrill for me
Old 08-20-2002, 04:18 AM
WIP

Default Re: Why don't you?

Originally posted by "bitemark46"

Don't want to pay for the tow bill from BMP to TnC.

shhhhh.... I'm not listening... LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA

Old 08-20-2002, 06:56 AM
Daddy-O

There really aren't any transmissions that are "designed" for 7k launches, but there are some built that can take it. 7k launch on slicks, you're looking more at a race prepped trans (G-force, Jericho, etc) that is built for that, existing transmissions will take it for a while.. but you'll eventually be picking up clusters....
If you don't get a LW bellhousing for this trans that's understandable, but I'd definitley get one for the next trans.. $400 sounds expensive, but it's cheaper than prosthetics.....
Old 08-20-2002, 01:20 PM
I like beer.

Weight, cost, fit, hassle to install, lack of clearance....those are some reasons. Plus they don't make a scatter shield for the T45.
Old 08-20-2002, 01:55 PM
I like beer.

Originally posted by "mustang23"

Originally Posted by slobra281
Plus they don't make a scatter shield for the T45.
Because there is no need to
Oh yeah....well......uh......er.......hmmmm........