Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Drag vs. Auto-X

Old 07-18-2002, 06:51 PM
is cooler than you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AUTO-X forever!!!! Curves and turns and slaying cones and spinning out are way more fun that a straight line. Straight line speed is cool and all, but actually driving the car is more fun.

Old 07-18-2002, 06:59 PM

I haven't personally done the auto-x. But, I think auto-x is better...Straight line proves speed but auto-x proves skill.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:01 PM
Eat soot

Not even a debate. Autox all driver. Drag all car.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:04 PM
bad ass fonzie

i think of it as sex. Both are fun. . . . but it's always better when it lasts longer. autocross.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:08 PM

Originally posted by "Mr Self Destruct"

Originally Posted by B16VTECGirlRacer
I haven't personally done the auto-x. But, I think auto-x is better...Straight line proves speed but auto-x proves skill.
you obviously have never driven a high horsepowered car. In fact, the majority of people who prefer auto-x over drag have never driven a truly high powered car - if they have, chances are they never got the hang of it.

That said, I like both, but I prefer drag racing.
I agree... that could be the case...

but auto-x still seems funner...
Old 07-18-2002, 08:25 PM

Originally posted by "Mr Self Destruct"

Originally Posted by B16VTECGirlRacer
you obviously have never driven a high horsepowered car. In fact, the majority of people who prefer auto-x over drag have never driven a truly high powered car - if they have, chances are they never got the hang of it.

That said, I like both, but auto-x speeds are far too slow. I dont see much challenge or excitement in driving around at 30mph. Only road racing truly extracts the most out of the driver and car. So, my order of preference goes 1. Drag racing 2. Road Racing 3. Auto-x If I could rally cross affordably, it would be #1
Exactly. A autoX car doesn't launch as good as it can and obviously a drag car can't handle as good. I'm with John. Thats why I have more than one car. I set em up for a specific purpose. however for me: road racing, Drag racing, auto-X. BTW I want to compete in the One Lap of America. Now that would kick ass! the Brick went 12.34/114MPH at the drags and 144MPH at a road course and gets driven cross country to all the different tracks.
Forgot to mention, AutoX is more comparable to real world driving, I dont drive in a straight line all the time.

Old 07-18-2002, 08:58 PM
I have fuzzy eyebrows

John....you are absolutely right. Driving a high HP car is a different beast all together. Very difficult to shift/drive a car like that. Things happen very quickly :o and its very intense hitting 130+ in a very short distance.

Not saying Drag is better at all...as I plan to auto X my car soon, and am willing to bet I will absolutely love it. My car is not set up for drag at all really. I just need to reinstall my front swaybar and get some good tires. The rest is stock SS suspension.

Obviously a question like this can only be answered by each individual and the answer will be different from person to person.

if it's cheap & reliable, it ain't fast, if it's fast & cheap, it ain't reliable, if it's fast & reliable, it ain't cheap
Old 07-18-2002, 09:10 PM
AuH20 in '64

my response is in the original thread in the Ford forum.

Auto-X all the way

Originally Posted by XYNaPSE
Article I Section 8 gives Congress the power to do whatever Congress deems necessary.