Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Went to the shop today...

Old 06-28-2002, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to the shop today...

...and he told me that it is still too early to tell when I will get my car back. All I know is that I can see the back seat from the front end. The good news is that everything is done as far as the removal process is concerned. Now it's time to reassemble. Dammit, I want my car back badly!!!!!!

The next time you can't find a designated driver, just park in a tow a way zone!!
Old 06-29-2002, 06:57 AM
Red Stripe Beer!

damn chill, your gonna get a heart attack or start some spasms.

1997 GT: Mods: 180 Degree Thermostat, Flowmaster 2 Chambers, MAC O/R H Pipe, MAC Cold Air Intake w/K&N Filter, 75mm Ported Upper Intake w/ 75mm BBK Throttle Body, Screamin Demon Coils with Livewires

1997 GT: has front end damage still drives FOR SALE
AIM:OmFgStFu
Old 06-29-2002, 07:28 AM
whoopdy fucking do!

just get a rental stang till then

you can beat on it care free
Old 06-29-2002, 07:49 AM
OUCH!!!

bullshit. If they've got it all taken apart, then the know what all they have to put back in. He just doesn't want to give you a date so he doesn't have to commit his manpower resources (that way he can divert your mechanic if somebody squeaks more than you). I'd push him harder. It's their business.. they know. (Hell, how can they give a repair estimate $$ if they don't know the labor???

Push the issue.
Old 06-29-2002, 09:48 AM
Red Stripe Beer!

Enforce the bitch slap..

1997 GT: Mods: 180 Degree Thermostat, Flowmaster 2 Chambers, MAC O/R H Pipe, MAC Cold Air Intake w/K&N Filter, 75mm Ported Upper Intake w/ 75mm BBK Throttle Body, Screamin Demon Coils with Livewires

1997 GT: has front end damage still drives FOR SALE
AIM:OmFgStFu
Old 06-29-2002, 11:02 AM
OUCH!!!

and then when they give you some BS date that's twice as far out as it should be, wait 2 days, check and see if they have done ANY work. If they haven't, call your insurance company and tell them you are concerned the shop is overstating their hours because the car has sat there for 2 whole days without so much as a glance from their mechanics. Chaos will ensue and they'll get your car done lickety split to be rid fo ya....
Old 06-29-2002, 11:22 AM
The H N I C

they may get it done fast but they may do a piss poor job doing it. to me i would rather wait and have the job done right.
Old 06-30-2002, 08:10 AM

Originally posted by "4.6Power"

they may get it done fast but they may do a piss poor job doing it. to me i would rather wait and have the job done right.
That is excactly what I am afraid of. He said I can come by and look at it whenever I want to, I told him I would probably check on it on my days off.

The next time you can't find a designated driver, just park in a tow a way zone!!