Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

So i got my New DD.....well not yet.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:10 PM
Passed you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So i got my New DD.....well not yet.

Ok well i finally got my New DD......... Only problem is that it is bogs like a bitch. I bought this from a friend 2 weeks ago. With enough said some of you remember the security lock up thread..... Turn out that the Security lock up issue was his fault. ( pics ) My problem is that i need to stop the car from bogging ( spelling ). It pisses me off to no end. The MAF is no connected, because the car runs better this way. I don't know what the Average MPG is on a mustang but i get like 300 ish to a tank. When we 1st got the car running again it only got about 180. I also found out that it has been driven on 87 octane for the past 3+ years ( if that matters). All i can say is that this poor car has been abused, and that i will try my best to make it a good DD. Here are some pics of the rice/ni**er RIgged mustang.

yes he put an M in place of the Mustang

This is what a headlight looks like after 1000 grid sandpaper has gotten to it

Curb rage from hell

Busted tail light FTL

Ni**er Rigged Ghetto Fab intake

rims need a lot of work or complete replacement

AND THIS IS MY PERSONAL FAVORITE

Don't just pay attention to the neon light bar but also the muffler job.

oh and this

super tight neon on/off switch

Ok well after a couple hours of work all the lights and shit were taken off and trashed....now for the engine. Like i said before NO MAF because the car shuts off. And when i drive it WOT it bogs. any ideas. Was told a lot of stuff was done but i don't believe it so this weekend i will get new plugs,wires,injectors, etc..... i just want this to run the way it was meant it. you have no idea this shit sucks so much ... i mean..... I was passes by a riced out civic yesterday.... and i couldn't do shit

Old 11-17-2009, 07:41 PM
Passed you

Oh and the reason for the car not starting before was dead battery and a shit ton of Ni**er rigged neon lights......

Old 11-17-2009, 07:53 PM

Cherry bombs held on with pipe strap,.. CLASSIC!

Thats better then the coat hanger wire I used on my Chevelle when I was 17. I had Purple Horny's. Same thing as Cherry bombs but Purple Horneys had a turn down like dumps.

Hurst

Originally Posted by Tiffiny
"We all heart the Hurst"
Old 11-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Bondsman

I hope you got a deal....looks like there is more work to unrice than I'd wanna mess with. The bogg....V6
Old 11-17-2009, 08:54 PM
previously SLOWBOOST

maf is more than likely the problem...unbolt the meter and see if it still has the filaments attached.

FOR A WOUNDED MAN SHALL SAY TO HIS ASSAILANT
'IF I LIVE, I WILL KILL YOU. IF I DIE, YOU ARE FORGIVEN'
SUCH IS THE RULE OF HONOUR.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:36 AM
Team Geritol Racing

The thing is bogging because the MAF is unhooked and the computer is running in limp mode which is only designed to get you home in case of MAF failure. You need to figure out the problem with why it doesn't want to run with the MAF plugged in. I'd start by trying another MAF or cleaning the sensor on the one you have.

Nothing wrong with 87 octane.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:53 AM
Passed you

Originally Posted by Hurstmeister
Cherry bombs held on with pipe strap,.. CLASSIC!

Thats better then the coat hanger wire I used on my Chevelle when I was 17. I had Purple Horny's. Same thing as Cherry bombs but Purple Horneys had a turn down like dumps.

Hurst
Problem is the guy i bought this of is 24

Old 11-18-2009, 04:56 AM
Passed you

Originally Posted by DrDirt
The thing is bogging because the MAF is unhooked and the computer is running in limp mode which is only designed to get you home in case of MAF failure. You need to figure out the problem with why it doesn't want to run with the MAF plugged in. I'd start by trying another MAF or cleaning the sensor on the one you have.

Nothing wrong with 87 octane.

I have to yet clean it yes.... there is another issue in the intake pictures you see the oem mustang intake tube. The previous owner cut it so i can't even put the original intake on to see if that wold help. The sensor that is there in the picture is put in place by zip ties and one screw because the maf hole is not for the mustang is from a damn celica...... I tried to get the original intake assembly back on but i can't unless i replace that upper part. I have not had the patience to look for this part, due to me still taking out wires from the neon light mess... so far i've found 3 grocery bag worth of wire, and i mean FULL . At least the interior is somewhat clean. The floor is a bit messy but the seats have no tears or rips in them

Old 11-18-2009, 06:31 AM
Bondsman

Pass on this deal.....
Old 11-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Passed you

I paid cheap money for this mustang so i really could not pass it up .

It's a huge step up from my previous car, which was an all stock crx with a shit tone of problems. And before that i had a Neon... So it was well worth it for me