Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

2.3 Turbo to C4 bellhousing questions

Old 09-01-2009, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.3 Turbo to C4 bellhousing questions

Dave- saw your listing of '06 regarding the C4 for 2.3 Ford bellhousing. Do you still have it? How about the torque converter that was listed with it? Is it streetable for an everyday driver? Does the bellhousing include the aluminum plate between the block and the flywheel flex plate? What flywheel would I run? I'm trying to mate an '88 TC motor with a '80 fairmont 6 cyl C4. Do you have any suggestions?
Old 09-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Team Geritol Racing

If he doesn't, I have a kick ass C4 (good for 700 hp), a Pinto bellhousing, converter and ring gear. My projected bad ass little 2.3t track project changed into a daily driver so I'm going with a T-5 instead.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:52 AM
Do It In The Dirt

I don't have that bellhousing any more. I do have a 2.0 bellhousing which will work behind a 2.3, you just either need to drill out the dowel holes in the bellhousing to the larger 2.3 size, or buy stepped dowels.

The flexplate is still available because it works with some of the later tranny's.

It could be daily driveable, it all depends on your converter choice. A good friend of mine drove his 2.3 w/C4 every day and it was pretty quick. What he did is run a 3.23 rear end ratio, and a very loose converter. Basically he would race in 1st and 2nd gear, then use 3rd for cruising to keep RPM's down.

If you're looking for a complete setup, I suggest seeing the good doctor above.

My Rail Buggy