Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

everytimei have problems...dumb shit

Old 08-14-2009, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default everytimei have problems...dumb shit

just bought a brand new pro m maf for my car calibrated for 19s my coupe is stock motored. ran fine the last 2 days.. then tonight on the way home from walmart the check engine light comes on and the idle was surging with the a/c on im fucking pissed seems like everything liitle thing i do theres a problem i swear if i put a a new shift knob on it would fall off racing and redine my car and explode my motor fuck.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:36 AM
Still CREEPIN

TPS sensor is usually what makes a car surge... Or atleast thats been my experience.

TurboRAM Member #5
24psi & Stable
GET SOME

Old 08-15-2009, 06:52 AM
Bondsman

I can solve all that for you easily!!
Old 08-15-2009, 07:46 AM
WIRE IT HOT!

Default Try This

If a MAF injected 5.0 hunts for an idle it is usually bc the amount of airflow coming into the engine with the throttle plate closed is not enough. There are a couple ways to correct this.

First way is to step by very little step drill the hole in the throttle plate bigger until it stops hunting. Of course this is not "un-do-able" so go slow.

Second way is to open the throttle plate more by adjusting the "idle" screw up, but after doing so YOU MUST re-adjust the TPS back below 1.00Vdc somewhere around .95Vdc is good. This has to be done so the computer knows the throttle plate is "closed." You may have to elongate the holes in the TPS to achieve this.

The third way is to get an Idle Air Bypass adjustment plate. I have seen a couple of these but haven't looked for where to buy one. This gives you the ability to pass more air around the IAB circuit. This plate installs between the IAB solenoid and the throttle body and gives you a couple screws to adjust the air flow.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Flowmaster nut swinger

Damn bro sorry your having so many problem with the new car. Shoot me a pm or give me a call!
MV#72427
(727)535-6905 - Shaun

Old 08-16-2009, 11:10 PM

haha not many problems at all just that damn check engine light comes on every once in awhile randomly since i put the pro m on but i will be up to the shop soon shaun just figuring out whether i wanna buy suspension or motor parts first..
Old 08-18-2009, 12:56 AM
POTENTIALLY FAST

could be something simple also.
make sure your iac is clean (and your throttle body) they can get some buildup on them that makes your idle surge.
also check the screen on your new maf make sure it's clean
then while car running and a/c on gently clock your maf a little either way and see if that corrects the problem.
also check all the connections on your iac, tps, maf, map, etc.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:06 AM
Blasphemer

Originally Posted by racingrick
could be something simple also.
make sure your iac is clean (and your throttle body) they can get some buildup on them that makes your idle surge.
also check the screen on your new maf make sure it's clean
then while car running and a/c on gently clock your maf a little either way and see if that corrects the problem.
also check all the connections on your iac, tps, maf, map, etc.

I would check this first. I had similar problems when I first got my car and hosing it out with some parts cleaner seemed to work fairly well.

Another thing though, did you reset the computer after replacing the MAF? Disconnect your battery for 5 or 10 minutes, reconnect and then let the car run for a few minutes. Sometimes the computer has to "get used" to new parts and its easier to have a fresh slate than having it reconfigure the tune while it still has old MAF info in it.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:37 AM

ill try these things thnx for all the help guys its much appreciated.