Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Need Cables for battery relocate. Where to get?

Old 07-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Cables for battery relocate. Where to get?

I need the cables for my battery relocate setup. I noticed the cables I had were scorched for some reason, so I need to get new ones. The positive needs to be at least 17 foot long (preferably 1, and the ground...well..its a ground, it don't have to be so long.

Anyways, I need cable thats nice and fat, 2 gauge or whatever they use, and thats durable enough to stand up to being routed outside of the car. Obviously, if I can get raw cable I can put the ends on the cable without a problem. If you know of a good deal pre-assembled, its for a top mount battery.

What are my options?

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:48 AM
Race Photographer

car audio shop if you want the nice high quality stuff and get it per foot. You can get the 0/1 gauge stuff. Or get some welding cables, thats pretty big stuff as well

"I am and what I do are not a taxable commodity for you to use and abuse" - Me

This is my fuck the government movement

Old 07-05-2009, 09:19 AM
I can fix your bullshit

napa
Old 07-05-2009, 09:34 AM
is doing your girlfriend

marine supply place. i got 20 or so feet of 1/0 for like $35 a few years ago from Glen-Mar supply, but im pretty sure you have to be wholesale to buy from them

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it
Old 07-05-2009, 11:28 AM

+1 for Marine or Car Audio
Old 07-05-2009, 12:20 PM
banana republic

Originally Posted by Mars_302
car audio shop if you want the nice high quality stuff and get it per foot. You can get the 0/1 gauge stuff. Or get some welding cables, thats pretty big stuff as well
Welding cables would be the best. They have more strands of wire than standard auto cables, and therefore have less draw from resistance. Of course, thats what I am using...So you may wish to go another route. Thats what everyone else does. LOL If I'm doing it, it must be wrong. LMAO

Originally Posted by rotarykidd
maybe i just like rainbows and puke, who says it has to be a gay thing?
Old 07-05-2009, 12:22 PM
I can fix your bullshit

Originally Posted by 95coBraSVT
Welding cables would be the best. They have more strands of wire than standard auto cables, and therefore have less draw from resistance. Of course, thats what I am using...So you may wish to go another route. Thats what everyone else does. LOL If I'm doing it, it must be wrong. LMAO

Thats the truth...