Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Bodywork and Insurance

Old 02-19-2009, 11:43 AM
Blasphemer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bodywork and Insurance

Hey guys. Just looking for some information on this topic. Im not familiar with standard operating procedures and whatnot for insurance body work. I got into an accident last year and had body work done. Got the car back about 5-6 months ago however, with two new tires on the front they have lasted about 5 months. Im not a genious or anything but Im pretty sure this is unreasonable. Also, when pulling out of parking spots in reverse and then shifting into gear i feel vibration in the shifter and I hear a creaking noise. This could be a bent driveshaft or possibly the engine is misaligned due to frame damage. Also, the tires have an uneven wear pattern. I dont know if the shop even checked the frame for straightness and did an alignment which as far as I know, is a standard procedure in accident repair. Am I wrong in this situation or am I just fucked?

Sorry for the long post.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:03 PM

is been 5 months! i doubt they will say it was theirs fault so you are pretty much fked in my own opinion!
Old 02-19-2009, 01:56 PM
tampa car scene

Have your car checked uot by another shop find out whats going on and then talk to your insurance.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:41 AM

Put new tires on and trade it in.

“My advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard".
Old 02-20-2009, 07:32 AM
Blasphemer

Originally Posted by Big Chris
Have your car checked uot by another shop find out whats going on and then talk to your insurance.

Gonna have the guys over at all american performance check it out next week. Got a pair of sumitomo htrz's ordered for it this morning.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Bondsman

Originally Posted by jchauncey
Gonna have the guys over at all american performance check it out next week. Got a pair of sumitomo htrz's ordered for it this morning.
nothing but good words about Shaun and John, but you need to take it to a certified body shop for it to have your complaint recongnized by insurance.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:07 AM
Blasphemer

Originally Posted by GNs-r-slow
nothing but good words about Shaun and John, but you need to take it to a certified body shop for it to have your complaint recongnized by insurance.
Yeah I know I just need the tires put on now. Theres not much I can do about the body shop work done previously but I do want to know whether or not the frame is fubar'd. Bodywork itself is fine its just the tire wear thats got me worried

Old 02-23-2009, 02:38 PM
drives euro trash

Call your claim adjuster and setup a time for them to reinspect your car. The insurance carrier needs to reinspect it BEFORE anything is touched so they can determine whether or not the issues you are experiencing are related to the accident and/or repairs. Chances are they will try to align it to see what is going on. Was there any suspension damage? Did the original estimate call for an alignment?

Long story short...call your adjuster, explain the situation, and work with the insurance company to figure out exactly what is going on.

Last edited by Alan; 02-23-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:40 AM
Blasphemer

Well, here is the problem with that. The exhaust was also tucked up under the bumper slightly which isnt a huge deal because its cosmetic but the adjuster didnt actually put that on the originol estimate for some reason. So that never got fixed but when I called the insurance company back to get it done they said that adjuster was no longer working with them. So I just didnt worry about it. I didnt have time for it because I was in the process of moving to st pete from the lakeland area and I needed my car because it was my only transportation. Since then I have gotten another insurance carrier. Its a big clusterfuck and I know chances are I wont be able to get anything done but last time I had any kind of claim work done the body shop does a more in depth analysis of the damage and calls the insurance company and gives them another quote and they compare between the originol and the body shop quote. That was with a local mom and pop body shop. This last time it was Bartow Ford and I honestly dont think they did a fucking thing other than replace the tire that was bad and replace and paint the front bumper.