Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Clutches

Old 11-16-2001, 11:37 AM
~ST0N3D~

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can any of you guys get clutches for a really cheap price? If so let me know. I need a 10.5 disc clutch i need the whole kit too! Thanks!
Old 11-16-2001, 11:46 AM

no can do bro back home its on but no hook ups yet in tampa. get a king cobra clutch. they cost about 259- @ ford 217- cost with tax if you know someone that works there..or you can order one for 199 + shipping/tax.
Old 11-16-2001, 05:41 PM
AuH20 in '64

I have a king cobra they are the best. I can get one for you for $200 so let me know.

Originally Posted by XYNaPSE
Article I Section 8 gives Congress the power to do whatever Congress deems necessary.
Old 11-17-2001, 04:52 AM

For the money I definately would not get a King Cobra. They just arent up to the task if youre making any real power.
I would check into getting a STAR stage 2. They arent much more $$$ but they are an awesome clutch.

David
Old 11-17-2001, 08:30 AM

the King Cobra is suppose to be good up to 450 RWHP however back home- my friend danny used one in all his mustangs (builds race motors) he drove a low 11 sec 92 coupe n/a. and so i went with him on a few passes damn it held its own. considering how much power that stang has and how he drives it its an excellent clutch press plate combo.
Old 11-17-2001, 02:25 PM

The FMS clutches might be ok for an na street car. But they will not stand up to hard launches on slicks. The STAR pressure plate has alot more static clamping pressure and the kevlar disc is much much better. Yhe pedal feel is lighter than a stock clutch too.
My stage 2 was less than $300 so why buy the King Cobra?
Just my worthless opinion......only trying to help.

David
Old 11-18-2001, 05:25 AM
WIP

There is a guy on the SCOA mailing list named Bill Kaiser that is with Apex Motorsports ( http://www.apexmotorsports.com/ )out of CA. They have a dual Kevlar clutch that I believe is custom. They sell a number of them to SCOA members and I have yet to hear any complaints.