Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

7 Up....

Old 08-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7 Up....

Ok, who's heard of the rare collectible 7 Up Mustang? I just heard about it yesterday after seeing one for sale in St.Pete. I myself was very very surprised to have not known about it before being that I am a big Ford Guy, Mustang specifically. This was obviously a 90, a ragtop, and it was Emerald Green. The paint was beautiful, great paint that (if not resprayed) looked like it had been garage kept for 18 years. This is in St.Pete off of Park street btw if anyone is interested pm me and I'll locate it a bit more for you)

Anyways it was an auto, great paint, decent headlights(not that it's a big deal to buy a new 6 piece kit anyway), brand new tires and 4 lug knock off Corba R's. Sounded pretty good except for a little drivetrain noise(not sure what it was, didn't drive it nor inspect it with a fine tooth comb) Leather interior was a little beat being that is of course 18 years old, and it had a phantom window that sometimes came up on its own under power, and sometimes did not. The left latch for the convertable didn't fit snug so there was a gap which isn't too great, but fixable. Gas guage was broken, it had white face guages, an ok cd player in it, the dash behind the steering wheel and surronding the cluster was not put on properly after it had been off, OR some screws came out because it was loose.

Motor looked pretty decent, still had the virgin stock airbox(fenderwell), and it had 120 on the ode. That is way under milage for a 90, but it still didn't impress me being that the seats were beat, it was a convertible(which I believe they all were and I dont like verts too much)

The kicker.......... Guy was stating his brother owned it, and had him selling it. He wanted $6,800 dollars for it. YIKES! That being a rare car and Ford only having produced like 3,000 or something like that I imagine it's value is going to stay up a bit more than your standard fox, but for everything I saw wrong, the price was just toooo too high. It had a/c, but it didn't exactly blow really cold so the system was probably just charged to sell it. The smog tube was cut in half(like I did on my 198 and it was plugged. Two metal tubes coming out of the firewall on the left side bt the a/c (I believe for the heater core?) were not hooked to anything. It needed nothing to appear very nice from a distance, but in general it was definitely not something I saw worthwhile for the almost 7k price tag.

Thought I'd share my story with you guys being that I am looking for a fox, and I do have my eyes set on one right now through someone here on the board, but am always looking around elsewhere too.

Chris

Last edited by Goop; 08-09-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Redneck Yatchclub member

Your looking for a Fox? what price range? and yes 7-up stangs are nice.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Donut Killer

A friend of mine just bought a 7-up stang and the white seats were perfect. The top had been replaced recently and he stole it for less than 2gs!

SC Motorsports
11801 State Road 52
Hudson, FL 34669-3092
(727) 856-8768

FordSpeed Racing
11733 66th St., Unit 123
Largo, FL 33773
(727) 549-8255
Dynojet Chassis Dyno
Old 08-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Slower Than Dial-up...

7-ups were late 90 IIRC... Later there was a triple white conv. white ponies, next there was the redish/orange white ponies conv. , and then the yellow with chrome ponies..

7 ups have a colored section of the dash, that I believe you can only get if you have that car.

And yes, those two tubes would be the heater core. Common issue on mustangs, most people just disconnect it, to save the aggrivation of trying to replace them.

But seven thousand, it better be really nice...
Old 08-10-2008, 04:15 PM

Make 7.

Up yours.