Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

might need help fixing my car

Old 02-15-2008, 05:37 AM
keyboard hardass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default might need help fixing my car

I thought I had a mechanic near my apartment in Brandon that would be willing to help me out by installing parts that I found online for cheap, but he ended up flaking out. I may need some help swapping out an intake manifold and maybe catalytic converters on my 99 crown vic.

I'm really considering just selling it instead of dumping more money into it.. Any advice?
Old 02-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Race Photographer

Can do it at my shop but its a drive for you and we are a bit busy. I know I can do the intake on my day off for some side cash, the cats I cant, havent gotten welding down yet. Though its about to get busy here for my weekends soon too. You have an extra car to drive?

"I am and what I do are not a taxable commodity for you to use and abuse" - Me

This is my fuck the government movement

Old 02-15-2008, 10:15 AM
is doing your girlfriend

i was able to do my 4.6 intake replacement in about 2 1/4 hours. but ill buy it for $500

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it
Old 02-15-2008, 10:18 AM
keyboard hardass

I bet you would buy it for $500

I am going to check how bad it is tomorrow morning and see how much I can do on my own, Jerm your shop is kinda far.. I may have to suck it up and try to do it on my own..
Old 02-15-2008, 10:36 AM
is doing your girlfriend

there are several writeups on how to replace the intake. when i did it i removed the elbow and throttle body as one piece, you need to un screw the egr tube off the elbow and bend the flex pipe out of your way.

i pulled the injectors out of the intake but not out of the rail and laid it off to the side.

you can leave the alternator installed just remove the upper bracket

take the water neck off
take the heater hose off the nipple on the back.

i did not have to remove the plug wires, but if yours is a coil on plug you might have too.

I used the dorman intake that has the o-rings built in so i did not have to use gaskets

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it
Old 02-15-2008, 10:39 AM
keyboard hardass

Yeah, mine is the coil on plug setup, I will probably just get a used PI intake, I guess I will have to reroute the crossover hose and thats about it...

I wouldn't be worried if it was an older carbed car, I've never messed with a fuel injected car with 8 coils, etc..
Old 02-15-2008, 11:01 AM
is doing your girlfriend

if you car is a NPI to use the PI intake you have to use some copper RTV to seal up some places the gaskets dont cover.

did you find an intake yet?

Last edited by Duceanahalf; 02-15-2008 at 11:15 AM.