Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

ATTN: 99-04 GT/MACH 1 owners

Old 10-17-2007, 06:34 PM
drives euro trash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN: 99-04 GT/MACH 1 owners

Need some help from anyone driving a 99-04 Mustang GT or Mach1 with the stock rear 8.8 brake setup. I need pictures of the rear brake lines on the axle. Specifically, I need you to take pictures that will illustrate for me the brake line routing from the caliper to the main hardline at the back of the transmission tunnel.

I currently have an 8.8 out of a 2004 GT complete with the calipers and soft lines. It doesn't have the hardlines attached to the axle itself like the pre-99 8.8 rear brake lines. Not sure if they were left off my rear, or if the 99+ GT's used a completely different rear brake line setup. Need to get an idea of exactly what I need to do to hook these rear brakes up. I think I can get away with a hardline from a 94-95 8.8...but I'm not 100% sure on that
Old 10-17-2007, 06:47 PM
lives in a glass house

Alan, on the 99 up cars, the hard line came all the way out to the wheels and just used a small hose on each end to connect to the caliper.

you could try the 95 type stuff but that might be a problem as THAT hard line is designed for a narrower rear end.

Originally Posted by cochese
Focus on getting that piece shit down the track, stop posting stories.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:11 PM
drives euro trash

Thanks for verifying that. Guessing that change came along to make the IRS swap easier.

Thinking I may take SteveB's suggestion and make my own...or modify the hardline off of a Foxbody 8.8.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the pre-99 8.8's used a hardline setup similar to the Foxbody (one soft line from the chassis to the axle, then the hardlines to the edge of the axles, then a shorter softline to the caliper itself)? I'm having a rough time verifying this information online.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:37 AM

ill hook you up and take pics tonight when i get home