Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Turbo vs. Supercharger

Old 09-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Vec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo vs. Supercharger

Sup guys, I'm gonna be purchasing an 06 black on black GT 5-speed upon getting outa basic (usmc). Kinda treating myself to a pat on the back buy buying/modding a new car. Thing is this, upon purchasing and strapping on the typical mods (forged rods, pistons, full exhaust, porting the heads, etc.) I want to aspirate the motor via turbo or sc. Problem is I can't decide which. This car is only going to be a daily driver for a year or so driving me to and from the police academy. After that it's pretty much a weekend car. If I went w/ a turbo I was thinking of going w/ HP Performance & their 76mm turbo system allowing myself plenty of room for potential hp gains. If a sc was decided I'd probably go w/ a Stage II system by Procharger. Figured I'd start doing my homework now so I'm not sitting around with my thumb up my ass wondering what I'm gonna do next to the car. Anyway, any ideas?

Last edited by Vec; 09-14-2007 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:56 AM
gone fishin

Congrats Marine!

Go Turbo!

One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”

Thomas Sowell (American Writer and Economist, b.1930)
Old 09-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Vec

thanks man, Semper Fi baby!

here's the links to the turbo & sc systems I was looking @ ...

Procharger's ...
ProCharger Intercooled 2005-06 3V Mustang Systems

HP Performance's ...
2005 mustang turbo system
Old 09-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Called the amba lamps

My vote is for the ProCharger.

Their kits are designed to produce safe horsepower with the stock internals. I'd get that and an exhaust and be done with it for a daily driver.

The HO Intercooled ProCharger system for ‘05-‘07 3V Mustang GT’s produces a 70-75% power gain on stock motors running pump gas, with 10 psi of intercooled boost. This means stock motors typically produce 460+ RWHP, and are able to run well into the 11‘s with their standard 3,800 lb loaded weight
I don't know about you, but for me, 11 second quarter mile times make for a fun street car.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:07 PM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

so you want to take the motor apart on a new car. Bad choice IMO. Your better off buying a used 6 cylinder S197 and start from scratch. You'll save some cash.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Thread TERRORIST

^ Is teh right.

Turbo, by the way. Because turbo mullets are cooler.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Vec

Originally Posted by ODB
so you want to take the motor apart on a new car. Bad choice IMO. Your better off buying a used 6 cylinder S197 and start from scratch. You'll save some cash.
The 06 GT won't be "brand new" by any means, just relatively low miles. Thing with buying a 6 is I still want the GT block & heads. To buy a new 6 only to turn around and buy GT parts (i.e. crank, block, heads, etc.) will only force me to spend pocket cash as opposed to just having it financed. Not to mention the price would basically equal out in the end.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:37 PM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

Originally Posted by **CHRIS**

Their kits are designed to produce safe horsepower with the stock internals. I'd get that and an exhaust and be done with it for a daily driver.

I don't know about you, but for me, 11 second quarter mile times make for a fun street car.

this is the way to go...you could get close to 500 hp doing this. The 3V respond well to mods.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Vec

Originally Posted by **CHRIS**

In terms of safe hp there is a 98 Cobra runnin' a HP Performance Stage III Twinturbo kit with twin 66mm turbos using a stock block/crank & ported stock heads. Guy is punchin' 900 rwhp / 744 rwtq. Not saying I'm more partial to the turbo kit than the sc kit. Just pointin' out what it's capable of. Bear in mind the car is only going to be a daily driver for a year being I get my squad car after the first year in the department.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Ford F0rum Native

Depends on your power goals. If big power is you goal and you would like to change your power setting at the push of a button. Then turbo all the way. If your goals power wise are lower. The some type of blower will work. The procharger(Centri blower) will be easier then a kennybell(twin screw) on a stock motor. A turbo is the easiest on the motor though. Plus you can pick up some MPG on the highway if you drive easy.

Never knock on Death's door: ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!
- Matt Frewer
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
George Carlin
When you step on the brakes your life is in your foot's hands.
George Carlin