Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/ford-lincoln-mercury-tech/)
-   -   Cancel your Credit cards before you die. (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/ford-lincoln-mercury-tech/410079-cancel-your-credit-cards-before-you-die.html)

Adrenalin 07-17-2007 01:41 AM

Will return rep as I can. ;)

BAMF 07-17-2007 01:50 AM

:lol: Its a fake without a doubt, but still fucking funny!

Suicidal Racing 07-17-2007 02:16 AM

^nope probley not

there was a thing on fox news about credit card theft/identiy from old people that have died..kids getting bills and shit then doing what was just said with what ever credit card company..

they tell u now soon as a fam member dies to call the credit burrow and tell them about it then do the same with what ever credit cards that are open.

BAMF 07-17-2007 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Suicidal Racing (Post 4387374)
^nope probley not

there was a thing on fox news about credit card theft/identiy from old people that have died..kids getting bills and shit then doing what was just said with what ever credit card company..

they tell u now soon as a fam member dies to call the credit burrow and tell them about it then do the same with what ever credit cards that are open.

I went through this just a couple years ago. Closed multiple accounts. Its always the same.

Send in the death certificate and all of the crap is whiped. Any outstanding balances to the account from before death are taken care of via the estate just like all the other creditors do when you give them notice in the obituaries.

OldMan 07-17-2007 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by vip18971 (Post 4387376)
I went through this just a couple years ago. Closed multiple accounts. Its always the same.

Send in the death certificate and all of the crap is whiped. Any outstanding balances to the account from before death are taken care of via the estate just like all the other creditors do when you give them notice in the obituaries.

+1
I went through this last year with my mom. I called and canceled all of her credit card accounts. The only creditor to give me any hassle was Sam's Club. All the others were very respectful of the situtation and only requested a copy of the death certificate.

Out side of that, I thought it was funny to read as well. :lol:

Badlatitude 07-17-2007 07:57 AM

Shit credit companys are fucking retarded. I paid off and canceled a card .. got a bill and called them like WTF. like a dozen people later. " Som times if takes up to 6 months for our accounts dept to get the indormation thats its canceled" So every month i had to deal with this shit. The funniest part is It was indeed canceled and wouldnt work yet they were charging me fees. retards

sexycobrachic03 07-17-2007 01:35 PM

Unfortunate, but true... Bank of america posted my payment wrong, charged me a late fee, and upped my interest to 21%. It was their fault!!! took me 3 months and talking to 40+ retards to fix it....

ShakinIt 07-17-2007 02:32 PM

lol, that's funny....and probably true.....:roll:

fucking credit card companies are the biggest, thieving piece of shit companies in the country.....I can't beleive that the government let's them rape people the way they do....